Pet Grooming....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Grooming....

I live in North Fort Worth and am looking for a good place to take my border collie. We have a family friend watching him during the day while I am at work and he took him to the creek and he is covered in tiny little stickers I cant get out without cutting them :/ He also has matted hair near his rear (hates me going near his tail or that area) and tail so I am looking for them to cut it short like when he was a puppy for the summer. I was looking at Pappys pet lodge in Roanoke (its pretty new apparently) and a girl that I'm dating suggested dogs day out near lewisville.

Does anyone have a reputable place? or a place that will treat my dog right? I took him to my vet and they did an ok job but still left a lot of the matted hair on his rear.

I take my border collie to Snoopy's Dog house In Watauga, they do great work and are reasonable on prices and open all day Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
      I take my border collie to Snoopy's Dog house In Watauga, they do great work and are reasonable on prices and open all day Saturday.
      x2 been taking our dogs there since they've been in business. Now if' he's matted pretty bad the easiest way is just to get him completely shaved.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
        x2 been taking our dogs there since they've been in business. Now if' he's matted pretty bad the easiest way is just to get him completely shaved.
        which you should be able to do at home

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
          Fuck that. I'm more than happy to pay for a $40 haircut once or MAYBE twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
            Fuck that. I'm more than happy to pay for a $40 haircut once or MAYBE twice a year.
            lol, man it's not that bad...

Comment

I cut my Border Collie's hair at home....he also doesn't like anyone messing with his tail but I'm bigger than him so he has no choice. Last time I took him to a grooming shop they called me and told me to come get him and never bring him back...apparently they didn't like the way he growled at them I use an electric WAHL beard trimmer given to me by my moms husband who passed a couple years ago. It works fine and saves me 40-60 bucks. I also suggest having a shop vac running the entire time to help with the mess.

Grow a set.....it aint that hard.

Comment

I have tried that and I cant do the hair and him moving haha, are you offering lol

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  I cut my Border Collie's hair at home....he also doesn't like anyone messing with his tail but I'm bigger than him so he has no choice. Last time I took him to a grooming shop they called me and told me to come get him and never bring him back...apparently they didn't like the way he growled at them I use an electric WAHL beard trimmer given to me by my moms husband who passed a couple years ago. It works fine and saves me 40-60 bucks. I also suggest having a shop vac running the entire time to help with the mess.

Well when you put it that way hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post

I'd rather not mess with it and I would be too afraid to cut it super short and not like it. I know its hair and grows back but still.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                      I have tried that and I cant do the hair and him moving haha, are you offering lol
                      uhhhh no.

Comment

uhhhh no.
                        damn I guess they are heading to the groomers haha

Comment

Sorry, that's why i have a Pit. Short haired dogs for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X