Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dallas Zoo costs more than the one in Ft. Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dallas Zoo costs more than the one in Ft. Worth?

Has this always been the case or just recently? Wife and I are babysitting two kids this Saturday and started looking at prices for both.

Ft. Worth - $12 per adult/$9 per kid (3-12)

Dallas - $15 per adult/$12 per kid (3-11)

I haven't been to the Ft. Worth Zoo in about 6 years and last year I went to the Dallas Zoo for the first time in over a decade (it's really nice now).

We're going to get the Dart Regional Pass for $10 which will cover all of us to ride to either one. Is the Ft. Worth Zoo still the one to go to?
    Last edited by A_A_G; 05-13-2013, 12:44 PM.

The Dallas Zoo did a big renovation and added a big Africa exhibit last year or so. The Giraffe thing is worth an extra couple bucks for the kiddos to be able to feed and pet them.

Comment

Dallas Zoo also has Koala exhibit now. Don't forget to factor in the price of parking if you don't ride the rail.
      WRX

Comment

I grew up always going to the Ft. Worth Zoo ... but the Dallas Zoo is just as good these days IMO. Not sure on prices, we have small kids so we just buy the membership. If you go more then 2 times you've pretty much paid for it.
        DamonH

Comment

Not sure about the Ft Worth Zoo, but I believe Dallas is privately run now. Probably still paying off lawsuits from the gorilla event from a few years back, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Probably still paying off lawsuits from the gorilla event from a few years back, I don't know.
            That's racist!

Comment

That's crazy. I went a few moths ago and paid $5. Maybe it was there "slow" season.

Comment

There isn't rail service to the FW Zoo, you'll need to ride a city bus. That factor alone puts the Dalls Zoo in front. You can park outside of their lot for free though and walk in. Trinity park is pretty big and has ample parking unless it's a holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow66Coupe View Post
                  That's crazy. I went a few moths ago and paid $5. Maybe it was there "slow" season.
                  Yep, it was $5 to get in if you went Jan-Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                    Yep, it was $5 to get in if you went Jan-Feb.
                    Also Wednesdays are half price at the FW Zoo.

Comment

I went last week. I always tried to avoid going to the Dallas Zoo cause it was always so crappy, but it really impressed me this time with all their renovations they have done. I rode the rail from Plano with my 4 Year Old on Monday and got a $4 discount with my train ticket. To feed the giraffes, it's like $5 for a piece of lettuce.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        Also Wednesdays are half price at the FW Zoo.
                        Good luck with half price Wednesday, let us know how that works out.

I was disappointed the last trip we made to ft worth zoo. Just wasn't as good as I remember it.

Sounds like we need to make a date for the Dallas zoo.
                        Rich

Comment

Ft worth just added a lot also including a new reptile area , bat area and penguins

Comment

Working...
                          X