R.i.p.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.i.p.

so long lyle cherry, you were one of the old school gearheads people always talk about and they stopped making..

hope your afterlife is better than the last few years you had on earth...

Damn, rip cherry.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Haven't heard that name in a long time. VW guy right ?

Comment

What happened to Lyle ? Do tell Steve.

Comment

Man, sad to hear. He was a fixture in the NRH area when I was a kid. I remember seeing a lot of his work around town, including at Green Valley.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Dang, I used to hang out at his shop off of Davis back in my VW days just to listen to him ramble on about his VW stories. He was a cool old man. RIP.

Comment

I grew up in NRH, not far from his shop. My best friend was a frequent customer of his. RIP.

Comment

Dude was full of info, his story's where fun to listen to. Never much of a vw fan but that guy could make them fly. He was old old school. RIP
                His shop was like walking around a time capsule.

Comment

Sorry to hear. Lyle was a good guy.

What was the cause of death?

Comment

Oh... I thought you killed another bathroom rug.

Comment

That's a damn shame. I use to hang out at his shop a lot in highschool, even worked for him for a short period something some stuff around the shop. I had wondered how he was doing a few weeks ago passing his shop. I remember him telling me the story how he invented a new way to service the bottom end through the crankcase and had german engineers come from the factory to watch him perform the service and take notes. I went with him to a friends house with his red race car to scale it and balance it, he was cracking jokes off every few seconds and we were busting out laughing so much it took hours a few hours to get a simple job finished. RIP Lyle.
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                        Oh... I thought you killed another bathroom rug.
                        Get the fuck Outta here you disrespectful son of a Bitch!

Comment

From you that's total complete-
                          Just don't shit on my rug, bro!

Comment

Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              That's a damn shame. I use to hang out at his shop a lot in highschool, even worked for him for a short period something some stuff around the shop. I had wondered how he was doing a few weeks ago passing his shop. I remember him telling me the story how he invented a new way to service the bottom end through the crankcase and had german engineers come from the factory to watch him perform the service and take notes. I went with him to a friends house with his red race car to scale it and balance it, he was cracking jokes off every few seconds and we were busting out laughing so much it took hours a few hours to get a simple job finished. RIP Lyle.
                              I live somewhat near there, use to stop buy and BS, havent been back in way to long. That shop was like a museum, loved just walking around and looking at the stuff he was or has worked on. Unless its changed I bet it would take a month to clean it out, stuff was every where. Been about ten year last time I stopped by. One of a kind RIP LYLE

Comment

Working...
                              X