No announcement yet.

Any home appraisers out there?...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Jason...Last year the lots dumped down to $20k or so. Sounds like Justin in growing.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Damn Jason...Last year the lots dumped down to $20k or so. Sounds like Justin in growing.
      Well...we aren't technically in Justin.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure that new GE/BNSF plant has a lot to do with it. Just before it opened everything that had been sitting on the market started getting snapped up, now nothing in my neighborhood is staying on market past 30-days....the last few literally just a week or 2. The lots in GJR bottomed out in the mid $30's, but it wasn't for very long...just shortly following foreclosure on the original developer before another builder came in and snatched them all at once from the bank. I was actually trying to buy a couple to sit on but didn't make it in time. I'm pretty sure it hurt us while we were in the HOA lawsuit those couple years b/c people we're afraid to buy and get caught up in all that. However now that we won and it's all behind us its apparently making this a much more popular place b/c folks know they won't have any HOA to contend with....which as you know is pretty rare in a new development.

The new builder sold some lots to folks who aren't using him to build, but as I understand everything else is currently spoken for in the way of vacant lots...they are building like crazy again too. There's about 6-7 under construction right now.

Matter of fact, now that we've opened the door with this re-finance thing and started comparing what we have to what has already sold, and what is currently available...the wife and I have been tossing around the idea of maybe holding off on the shop and everything else...throw this place on the market and just see what happens. I'm thinking it would probably sell for quite a bit...enough to where we could walk away with around ~$150K in our pocket. Then just go build or buy something smaller. We really like our place and the location, though. However we overbuilt...it's about 1500 sqft more than what we need...I'd really like to get back into something more reasonably sized, but perhaps on a little more land.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

[QUOTE=Rreemo;1056666]Denton County just slightly East of the Wise county line. Take FM407 approx. 6-10 miles West of the outer city limits of Justin...that's the general area.....QUOTE]

oh ok, We've looked out in the Justin area. I think the farthest we've decided on was on the outer East city limits of Justin. Sounds like you have an awesome place! That's what we were looking for to raise our last two kids...I'm just not mentally prepared to drive to Dallas everyday to work

Comment

Working...
        X