Getting rid of cigarette smoke smell in Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S_K View Post
    Ozone only works on mold and biological odors. Tobacco leaves a slightly oily film. Use a good cleaner/degreaser (like a mixture of windex and alcohol) and wipe down every surface. Use a leather conditioner afterwards. Febreeze everything you can't wipe down. Change your cabin air filter. Leave the windows down as much as possible. Expect to have to do this several times. The smell will come back.

When I purchased the wifes explorer and the previous spoked like a freight train in it. We ran a Ionizer machine in it for 2 days with all the doors windows closed up. No smoke smell in the car anymore. It pulled the smell out of the seats and carpet, the blades in it were dirty as fuck but it did its job.

I used one like this though not a 12v model.

Comment

There is a local detailer that uses a fogging machine and some chemical to do it.

read up on it on the Autopia car detailing forum. Lots of professional detailers swear by it.

Comment

It's in OKC, right? Just send me the address and I'll take a dump in the glovebox a few days before you pick it up.

Comment

I used a Kirby vaccum cleaner, vaccum'd the entire car, floor, seats, headliner etc, anything fabric. took a few hours, but it got the smell out and made everything look less brown and yellow.

Comment

Steam cleaner for the fabric, suck baking soda into vent intake and let it sit for a while, then turn the blower on and blow it out. Make sure that any cabin air filters are removed.

Comment

Working...
            X