Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Not for long...

It takes 14 minutes to cook an order of wings. The reason most places don't take that long, is because you are getting a pre cooked wing. It's cooked in some big food mfg facility, then put in a blast chiller, where they bring it down to frozen. Then they package them and ship them out. The restaurant doesn't have to cook them to 165 throughout to ensure food borne illness is gone. They only have to put them in the fryer long enough to retherm them. Wing Stop does not use a pre cooked wing.
    I was pretty well aware of that, but that's still too long for lunch or to grab something to eat on the way home.

Not to mention, it's $15 for 10 wings, fries, and a drink. wtf

I'm not knocking them. No doubt about it, they're the best wings in the business.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Not for long...

It takes 14 minutes to cook an order of wings. The reason most places don't take that long, is because you are getting a pre cooked wing. It's cooked in some big food mfg facility, then put in a blast chiller, where they bring it down to frozen. Then they package them and ship them out. The restaurant doesn't have to cook them to 165 throughout to ensure food borne illness is gone. They only have to put them in the fryer long enough to retherm them. Wing Stop does not use a pre cooked wing.
      If we know we are going to Wing Stop, we call in on the way. Only have to wait a few minutes depending on where we were when we called and traffic. I missed my Wing Stop fix last R&R.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Fuck wing stop

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
          Fuck wing stop
          Because it is so delicious?
          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
            Because it is so delicious?
            I just never liked them. tried it a couple times

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              I was pretty well aware of that, but that's still too long for lunch or to grab something to eat on the way home.

I'm not knocking them. No doubt about it, they're the best wings in the business.

Expect that time to be cut in half in the near future. . I'm not sure how they are going to force the franchisees to make the change, but Corporate stores will be making a change in all likelihood, that will cut the time in half, and there will be less shrinkage and a more moist product.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              If we know we are going to Wing Stop, we call in on the way. Only have to wait a few minutes depending on where we were when we called and traffic. I missed my Wing Stop fix last R&R.

That's what I do.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                Same.

Comment

there will be less shrinkage and a more moist product.
                  Sign me up!

Comment

that will cut the time in half, and there will be less shrinkage and a more moist product.

Wait, what are we talking about again?

Comment

Expect that time to be cut in half in the near future. . I'm not sure how they are going to force the franchisees to make the change, but Corporate stores will be making a change in all likelihood, that will cut the time in half, and there will be less shrinkage and a more moist product.

That's what I do.
                      Pressure fryer?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                        Pressure fryer?
                        Nope. And fuck a pressure fryer!
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Call ahead and just get a combo. Combo's are way cheaper and still filling. They've gone to a bigger wing and we'll normally split an order of ten and large fry and it's just enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                            Call ahead and just get a combo. Combo's are way cheaper and still filling. They've gone to a bigger wing and we'll normally split an order of ten and large fry and it's just enough.
                            I'm talking about the combo! Their prices are insane.
                            Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm talking about the combo! Their prices are insane.
                              That exact same combo is only $9.49 at the locations near me.

Comment

Nope. And fuck a pressure fryer!
                                Magic?

Comment

Working...
                                X