Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest way to get a used car appraised for taxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest way to get a used car appraised for taxes?

Bought a Chevy truck that needs some body/mechanical work. I am paying FAR below presumptive value (as expected). I read on the txdot page you can have it appraised by a licensed dealer or appraiser. Anyone have a hook-up for this, it says they are supposed to charge between $100-300 to do this, but in this price range I won't be saving but 200-300 by doing this anyway. Figured we might have someone on the board who will appraise it for less.

Thanks.

The wording could be confused by someone to make them think you are trying to commit fraud. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      The wording could be confused by someone to make them think you are trying to commit fraud. Just sayin.
      how?

Comment

I want them to accurately appraise it. Just don't want to pay $300 to save $200

Comment

Sounds like you're so close, just pay the tax rather than ask someone to go out of their way to save you $50.

In other words, quit being a cheap ass

Comment

Carmax?

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
              Sounds like you're so close, just pay the tax rather than ask someone to go out of their way to save you $50.

In other words, quit being a cheap ass
              <---jew fo life.

would rather give a board member a 100 and save a 100 then give the state 300.

Comment

Sorry to hijack yo thread but you take the Arlington FD test?
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I had one of my dealers sign the appraisal sheet for me. Do you know any dealers that would be willing to do it for you? They will need to put their dealer# on the application and sign it. I believe you're suppose to pay them $200 to appraise the vehicle or something like that. If what you're going to save is more than $200 it's worth just paying it if you don't know anyone. I paid $4000 for my jeep and had it appraised for $500.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I just read the page on this stuff yesterday. The appraiser has to charge $100 minimum for the appraisal per state regs.
                    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
                    X