T-Mobile = PITB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mobile = PITB

I added a line to my family plan 5 months ago. All of our lines were out of contract. The lady on the phone told me she would waive the fees to add the new line, and give a larger discount on the handset. She also said since we are stuck with them for 2 more years, she could give a $200 credit for a sweeping contract extension for 2 years which would not affect any lines upgrade eligibility.

The new plans are MUCH better for us. Our last upgrades are as follow:

28 months
    28 months
    51 months
    28 months
    5 months

So, now we want to order HTC One's. Guess what. No more upgrades. Were stuck in contract until 11/23/2014 on most lines, and 11/27/2014 on a single line.

Because they took away upgrades, we should be out of contract anyways, do I have a claim for the contract being materially adverse? It was always a tit for tat with cell phone companies, we stay, we get a phone. We've been with them for 15 years, so I thought it would be a safe gamble accepting the renew credit. Didn't see this coming.

What should I do? Lady on phone hung up on me when I asked "so the last person I spoke to fucked me?"

Edit: BTW, this is my dads contract. I've been with tmobile and him on a family plan since I was 11 or 12. It's been cheaper for us to be on a family plan together, 2 of my other siblings also contribute to the plan since we have had it so long. With the new plans, it *may* be cheaper to break off the family plan.

Contact 90gt50, dude is a TMobile wizard.

Comment

And I'm pretty sure Jeremy is going to lulz and hang up as well!

Comment

BTW, anyone have an old tmobile phone they want to sell? Need something tonight/early tomorrow. Something around $200 to hold me over until I can score a One.

Needs to have android so I can use the ring central app.

Comment

Isnt t-mobile going to un-subsidized phones without contracts? Now you pay full price or a down payment and spreadout the rest over 2 years.

No clue honestly but like stated above, contact 90gt50 or I can point you in the direction of a ATT sales person that will treat you right

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
            Isnt t-mobile going to un-subsidized phones without contracts? Now you pay full price or a down payment and spreadout the rest over 2 years.

No clue honestly but like stated above, contact 90gt50 or I can point you in the direction of a ATT sales person that will treat you right
            Honestly, I'll stick with T-Mobile. But I'm going to find a way to get the contract nulled and go to the new rate plans, paying the cancellation only on the new 5th line. Was holding out for the One, but I broke my phone last weekend, fixed it, and now it's really toast as of this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              And I'm pretty sure Jeremy is going to lulz and hang up as well!

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                BTW, anyone have an old tmobile phone they want to sell? Need something tonight/early tomorrow. Something around $200 to hold me over until I can score a One.

Needs to have android so I can use the ring central app.
                I've got an S2 I'll sell for $185. I'm in Keller.

Comment

Since I have no PMs..

Classic or new plans?

The htc one will have to be ordered and sent to you, since no store around here has any in stock, but we can still set it up for you.

They didn't take away your upgrades if you're on the classic plan. The way it works is called a bridge to value upgrade. They discount your data plan for the line you want to upgrade, plus 5 more for the line itself. You pay a down payment on the phone ($99+tax or the htc one) then the rest monthly for 24 months. You pay the same amount monthly on your plans, or even less depending on the phone you get. ($20 a month for 24 months on the htc one)

The upgrade on the new plans is they basically discount the plan instead of the phone. Say you have 1 line for example with unlimited everything, the plan is $70. It's up to you to decide how much you want on the monthly payments. Say you want an iphone 5 for example, you can pay the minimum down payment, or you can pay more down and lower your monthly payment. Typically it's 20 a month on the iphone, if you pay $280 down for example, that makes your monthly payments less, it would drop it down to $12.50 a month for 24 months.

If you need anything else or want me to check out the account to see what I'd recommend just PM me a number on the account to check.

Comment

Working...
                  X