• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junk...

and no room for a big boy
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The L98 cars have some seriously strange electrical problems. The sensors and controllers that manage the engine have something like 11 separate grounds, but some of them share the power side of the circuits. They also have a MAF and a MAP sensor. Why? I remember reading an article about an editor's C4 in Car Craft that started out on a, "how to diagnose L98's," tack, and ended up being a, "look at all the crazy shit that went wrong with this car," article. He ended up getting a Painless harness made, and rewiring the whole engine bay. Pass.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

What's wrong with having a MAF and MAP sensor on the same engine?
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          why have them both is the question!
          Originally posted by Buzzo
          Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I can tell you this from owning an L98 based car. Get the LT1. Those L98's are touchy as hell. One sensor goes bad and it runs like ass. I will tell you this about the L98, they can make demonic levels of torque when you start modding them. Super chevys did a 383 stroker with ported stock heads, a better intake and cam. Made 438hp/534ftlbs of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              His ended up having one of them go out, so the car tried to compensate with the other and went into limp mode, dumping fuel in. He averaged 10mpg suddenly, and ended up spinning a bearing because his oil was so diluted with gas. Should he have noticed that on the front end? Hell yes. He was the editor of a DIY car-modding mag. It just made the whole attempt to hot-rod on the cheap with one look taxing. That said, my personal experience with them is limited, and I had no issues fixing the two total C4 corvettes I've ever turned a wrench on. I'm being a chicken about it.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I can tell you this from owning an L98 based car. Get the LT1. Those L98's are touchy as hell. One sensor goes bad and it runs like ass. I will tell you this about the L98, they can make demonic levels of torque when you start modding them. Super chevys did a 383 stroker with ported stock heads, a better intake and cam. Made 438hp/534ftlbs of torque.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                His ended up having one of them go out, so the car tried to compensate with the other and went into limp mode, dumping fuel in. He averaged 10mpg suddenly, and ended up spinning a bearing because his oil was so diluted with gas. Should he have noticed that on the front end? Hell yes. He was the editor of a DIY car-modding mag. It just made the whole attempt to hot-rod on the cheap with one look taxing. That said, my personal experience with them is limited, and I had no issues fixing the two total C4 corvettes I've ever turned a wrench on. I'm being a chicken about it.

[IMG]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37276455.jpg[/IM]
                Serves me right for changing my post and then not reading it fully before submitting the reply. It's a turd in stock form, it can make a ton of torque when modded, but is a rat bastard to keep running right.

Comment

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
                  why have them both is the question!
                  And another question would be, why not have them both? I'd hope you realize they each serve a completely different purpose.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I like the later model C4s. I almost bought a 1992 ZR1 back in 04 but went with my 01 Cobra instead.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I like the later model C4s. I almost bought a 1992 ZR1 back in 04 but went with my 01 Cobra instead.
                      I still want one, dammit. Maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        I still want one, dammit. Maybe one day.
                        They're cheap! There was a high-mile one on Ebay a couple years ago that went for ~$9k!

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                          Only thing worth owning from the 80'-90's is the Buick Grand National.

Or a 944 Turbo, Supra Turbo, Mustang SVO, LX 5.0 notch, ZR1 etc.....
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                            They're cheap! There was a high-mile one on Ebay a couple years ago that went for ~$9k!
                            Maybe after I graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                              Or a 944 Turbo, Supra Turbo, Mustang SVO, LX 5.0 notch, ZR1 etc.....

lol @ SVO.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post

Shit. They wanted 2k more for the ZR1 than the Cobra, and it was 9 years older back then. lol, ended up being a no brainer, but that would have been a cool car to have.

Comment

Working...
                                X