Electric Company Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barronj View Post
    Can someone explain why you have to shop for power providers in DFW?

I see your power rate threads, and I cringe

Austin Energy, formerly City of Austin Electric, has been giving good rates for a long time. Recently, our city clowncil decided, in order to be the greenest city in the nation, that we would sign contracts to buy power from an east texas wood chip burning plant, or some such malarky, along with some wind energy. They are saying that our power bills will jump by 30%.

Last months bill was for 872KWH.
    First 500KWH was $.018
    Next 372KWH was $.056
    For a total of $29.83. That all sounds great, but then there's a power supply adjustment of 872KWH @ $.033, for another $29.40

Overall, that seems cheap to me.
    yeah, don't use any water tho, that shit's like gold down there.

My water bill was 3-4 times as much as my electric bill

Comment

Out in the remote areas of East Austin, they have private water companies that charge $70 just to get water to the faucet each month, not for a drop of use. The bill goes up from there with use. Private gas companies too, and they RAPE you for propane. The dirt is cheap, the houses are cheap, but your utilities are the same as your mortgage.

Don't you live down the street from me Matt, or did you move back, since you're saying "was"?

I think my water bill is probably 120% of my electric.
      Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
        Out in the remote areas of East Austin, they have private water companies that charge $70 just to get water to the faucet each month, not for a drop of use. The bill goes up from there with use. Private gas companies too, and they RAPE you for propane. The dirt is cheap, the houses are cheap, but your utilities are the same as your mortgage.

Don't you live down the street from me Matt?

I think my water bill is probably 120% of my electric.
        I moved back to DFW last May

I was just down the street tho

Comment

it's time for me to renew my contracts once again... who's getting the double secret
          brother in law rate from which electric provider these days.

Amigo wants 9.6 per KWH... surely we can do better.

Who's got the best deal?

mardyn

Comment

try infinite energy dude.
            I think im mid $.07?
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I went with Kona, I think I am on the low - mid .08 range for the next 24 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                I went with Kona, I think I am on the low - mid .08 range for the next 24 months.
                dat 2 year commitment. Other than the army I don't ive committed to anything for that long. Damn bro. I'd lock in a lock 8 for 2 years.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                  dat 2 year commitment. Other than the army I don't ive committed to anything for that long. Damn bro. I'd lock in a lock 8 for 2 years.

I'll post up what rate I locked in when I get back home. It was a pretty good deal, I want to say .082-.083 per kWh or something.

Comment

I'm not having much luck.... seems like about 9.5 is the going rate right now.

I'd love to find another 8.5 deal.

mardyn

Comment

Probie and I signed up with reliant. We got 9.5 under 1k kw and 8.5 over.
                      2012 GT500

Comment

My bad, .0875 per KWH over 1000 and .083 for anything over 1500. We never use less than 1000 pr month, so I don't recall that rate.

Comment

I know Just Energy was advertising something like high .07s on their website but I am not sure what the other fees were they will surely charge.

Edit,,..it is showing 8.5cents tonight.
                          Last edited by Ted; 04-07-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Went with Hino(josa) Electric last fall, $0.078/kwh on a one-year contract. Only downside is the only way to pay is by paper check/snail mail.
                            Last edited by The King; 04-08-2014, 04:07 PM.

Comment

What is the deal with charging more for less than 1000kwh? Seems like punishment for conserving energy, especially with ercot giving power consumption warnings during summer.

Any way to get away from TDU charges?
                              sigpic

Comment

That's one of the things I look for, the same rate regardless of usage. Another is no base monthly charge, but that is getting harder to find.

Comment

Working...
                                X