Anyone here wear glasses with prisms? Glasses trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here wear glasses with prisms? Glasses trouble

I just got glasses and I don't think they are right. The doctor was very thorough and I thought careful during the exam to get them right. The first pair just seemed so far off they checked the glasses to make sure they matched the prescription. Then the doc re-examined me and made some changes. I have the new prescription and it is not much better. My left eye, which is my better eye, I am seeing what I describe as shadows. Like a TV with the convergence off. blue/red shadows around things. Same for the other eye but not as bad. They told me to try the glasses on when I first wake up and just wear them and try to get used to them, but I don't know if I can. I don't want to drive with these.

Anyone had a prescription encounter like this? Is this normal when you start wearing glasses?

I also have questions about shingles, liver spots, and prostate exams but I'll save those for another thread.

I have been wearing glasses with prizms since I was 10 years old and I'm almost 36. You shouldn't be seeing that - they didn't make your lenses correctly.

Comment

If your doctor is an optometrist, go see an ophthalmologist. When I wore glasses or contacts I only ever had problems with the strength of the lenses. One eye would be worse than the other. The optometrist told me the same bullshit "just wear them and you'll get used to them." That's crap.

Comment

My glasses have a prism effect when I look at the TV. I don't notice it anywhere else. Luckily I don't where them very often. I don't have any problems with my contacts.

I have always written it off on being cheap lenses.

Comment

Working...
        X