Engagement Ring - new or used???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engagement Ring - new or used???

A few coworkers and I were talking about engagement rings and whether they would buy their g/f's a new or used one off of craigslist or something like that. We got the girls' opinions too.

What do y'all think? I'm curious to hear the battle of the sexes on this topic?
    Buy NEW - You should start your memories together
    0%
    Buy NEW - You don't want her thinking you're a cheap ass
    0%
    Buy USED - It probably won't last anyway so why invest
    0%
    Buy USED - Use the money you saved on bills or a vacation
    0%

New and definitely not the ring you've already given to another chick before the current chick. The exception is a family heirloom type of deal.

Comment

Either way she should always be under the Impression that it was new. always.

Comment

Matching leprechaun tattoos

Comment

Save money where you can bro. If you really like the style you have found on a used ring and can save some major coin I say go for it. Even if it is worn you can take it to any reputable jeweler and have it polished/plated and make it look brand friggin new. If the ring is regular gold in color you can have it plated with white gold over the existing gold to give it a silver look which is more desirable IMO. One mans loss is another mans gain, the bitch aint got to know shit except that it sparkles.

Comment

Just don't know tell her.

Comment

Buy the stone used, but get a new setting made. Can save a lot of money that way.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                Save money where you can bro. If you really like the style you have found on a used ring and can save some major coin I say go for it. Even if it is worn you can take it to any reputable jeweler and have it polished/plated and make it look brand friggin new. If the ring is regular gold in color you can have it plated with white gold over the existing gold to give it a silver look which is more desirable IMO. One mans loss is another mans gain, the bitch aint got to know shit except that it sparkles.
                Summed it up....

Comment

7 posts and not one "pics so we can decide". Man you guys are slacking these days.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                    New and definitely not the ring you've already given to another chick before the current chick. The exception is a family heirloom type of deal.
                    I agree. I used some heirloom stuff (gold and a few small diamonds) then bought the center stone and had a jeweler make the set.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Just don't know tell her.
                      Couldn't more agree i
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

i will be shopping for a diamond soon. wheres a good place to just buy a diamond? i think i want to buy the rock then have a setting made.

Comment

Make sure you get her a fake rock to begin with, she can get it replaced with the real stone after 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                            I used the diamond out of my great aunts ring.. she died married so i hope it works for me too
                            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Used. That $8000 ring at Zales will be $1500-2000 at a pawn shop. Hell, I even keep a stash of ring boxes from Zales, Kay, etc so it will look new when someone buys one.

Comment

Working...
                              X