Craigslist etiquette question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist etiquette question...

Is it NECESSARY that I put in my ad, no calls after a certain time, or is it just common sense that you don't call someone after 11 pm to ask about a car for sale ?

"Craigslist" and "etiquette" is so contradictory... ;-)

Comment

Oh yeah! If not you will get calls and text at 3am.

Comment

Unfortunately yes. I don't know how many 3 am texts I have got before. It's rediculous
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I never put my number in ads. I want an email first to figure out if I'm wasting my time with an idiot or not.

Comment

OK, I'll change the ad if this guy doesn't buy the heap. I told him to call me after 8.Perhaps I should have called him back when my alarm went of at 430 am and I was headed to work...

Comment

It doesnt matter what you put in the ad, people dont read shit.
              They are going to look at pics, skim through for a phone number, that is it.

I have had WHEELS for sale with a pic of them on a new body Escalade. Wheels were $2500. I really got emails asking for miles, clean title, and if it ran good.
              WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                OK, I'll change the ad if this guy doesn't buy the heap. I told him to call me after 8.Perhaps I should have called him back when my alarm went of at 430 am and I was headed to work...
                This is what I do lol

Comment

CL buyers/sellers have gone to shit. It is making me hate white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    CL buyers/sellers have gone to shit.
                    It sure does seem to have gotten bad. I used to have easy deals, no drama. Now I get 10 emails asking if I still have the item, then no other response. It's turning into a PITA..

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      CL buyers/sellers have gone to shit. It is making me hate white people.
                      uhhhh the last car I sold 90% of the calls started off with Bueno. Then habla espano.

Comment

What are you selling?

Comment

It sure does seem to have gotten bad. I used to have easy deals, no drama. Now I get 10 emails asking if I still have the item, then no other response. It's turning into a PITA..
                          Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
                          uhhhh the last car I sold 90% of the calls started off with Bueno. Then habla espano.
                          I talked to a guy in Euless with a mustang, long enough to feel like it was a decent deal, rented a trailer, drove down there and what he was selling vs. what was there was garbage. The engine was laying against the right strut tower, the paint was so faded that the plastic was exposed and heavily pitted, and the interior was clearly used as a mobile abortion lab. I just laughed, told the guy he was full of shit, and walked off. He offered to knock off another $200 if I bought it, I told him I wouldn't haul it off for free.

Comment

Originally posted by fst_stng View Post
                            What are you selling?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I never put my number in ads. I want an email first to figure out if I'm wasting my time with an idiot or not.
                              This. I weed out all of the idiots through a few emails at first. I don't need these hooligans calling me at all hours. And then I give them my burn Google Voice number.

Comment

Working...
                              X