No announcement yet.

Massive explosion in West, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nah. A drone strike would make a helluva lot more sense. AF1 would be very noticeable. DUH!!

I saw Stevo's response to this question earlier in the thread, but I'm hoping for a better one. Especially, given that this angle shows it better.

Comment

• I wonder how many deceased there will be... So sad. One of my employee's was just notified his uncle was found in his home across the street from the plant deceased.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post

Why is there a primary explosion to the left of the burning plant in this angle?

It can be seen at :08 seconds in.
        My understanding was that the initial explosion did not originate from the building that was burning, rather from a tank down wind from the actual fire.

Based on interviews and reports I have seen, the volunteer firefighters on scene were aware of the danger of explosion and some were in the process of evacuating people nearby.

Of course that is all as reported through the worthless piles of shit that are commonly referred to as "the media", so take it for what it's worth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
          My understanding was that the initial explosion did not originate from the building that was burning, rather from a tank down wind from the actual fire.

Based on interviews and reports I have seen, the volunteer firefighters on scene were aware of the danger of explosion and some were in the process of evacuating people nearby.

Of course that is all as reported through the worthless piles of shit that are commonly referred to as "the media", so take it for what it's worth.
          It certainly looks to be extremely windy.

Maybe the fire was hot enough that the wind allowed it to heat the tank up??

Comment

• Just heard one of my off-roading friend's brother was one of the firefighters that was killed. What a shame, seems like a completely unexpected scenario for the plant.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
              It certainly looks to be extremely windy.

Maybe the fire was hot enough that the wind allowed it to heat the tank up??
              That was my guess. I'm sure the fire was quite hot, based on the height of the flames, and probably superheated anything near, particularly stuff downwind. If that was a "tank" that exploded first, it would appear that the flashpoint was lower on that than the dry.

Didn't asshole in the OKC bombing mix the fertilizer with race fuel? I don't know much about that stuff, but maybe the flashpoint on the dry fertilizer is higher than the liquid, which necessitates the fuel to ignite it. It would then reason that the heat from the fire was not enough to set off the dry, but was for the liquid. The liquid in a tank would probably be more of an issue too, since it would build up pressure. So the liquid tank explodes, and that is then sufficient to set off the dry as well.

These are all guesses on my part though, with zero expertise on the matter.

Comment

• I believe he did, Craig, bought from the Kennedale track even, iirc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phuck Phace View Post
                  My fam were the Ventrcas.
                  Do you have a little sister?
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• That fucking sound just before the explosion is intense

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      I believe he did, Craig, bought from the Kennedale track even, iirc.
                      I know I saw something about that on one of those crime shows I watched.. About the race fuel I mean, and that he got it in the DFW area. 55 gallon drums of 114 octane sticks out in my head. Seems like I heard the Kennedale part as well, but don't recall if that was on that show, or someone said that on the board.

Comment

• Ammonium Nitrate by itself won't burn, but if it's heated in a confined room it will explode and if it's heated in a closed container it will rupture.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                          Do you have a little sister?

Coming from Brent, I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                            Coming from Brent, I look forward to seeing where this goes.
                            I seriously doubt Phuck Phace is who I think it could be. That said, Ventrca isn't exactly a common name.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• My dad is the Falls County Emergency Management cordinator and was called out...said the flames actually reached the lines underground at the tanks outside the building itself...

Comment

• God bless them!

Comment

Working...
                                X