Massive explosion in West, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive explosion in West, TX

A little after 8, I heard a loud boom. At first I thought it was a truck blowing a tire out on 121. Turns out it was an explosion at the big fertilizer plant in West, TX...70 miles away.
    Prayers, good thoughts, positive vibes, etc for the folks down there.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Heard about this on the dfw scanner page. Godspeed to all involved in helping get it nder control and anyone close to it.

Comment

Damnit.

Comment

west like czech west??

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          west like czech west??

god bless.
          Yes.

Comment

Yeah it rocked my house pretty good. We thought it was the storms coming in.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

For God's sake save the kolachies!

Edit: Sober Brad sees that drunk Brad is an asshole. I apologize for this comment and my thoughts and prayers are with those affected.
              Last edited by BradM; 04-18-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

good luck to all involved.

Comment

Does not sound good at all....

Comment

I've heard sirens for the last 30 minutes, and saw troopers hauling balls up there. I live almost directly on i-35, and I'm 8 miles south of West

Turned on the scanner and heard they have folks trapped inside.

Supposedly it caused massive destruction to a near by apartment complex, the middle school, a retirement home, as well as several other buildings are burning.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Mother of God!

Pic from Fox4
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Damn hope everyone gets out ok.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Thoughts are with the affected... That's a big fucking explosion.

Comment

A large explosion rocked the town of West, Texas, 19 miles north of Waco, on Wednesday evening.
                            A source tells News 8 that a large swath of the small town with a population of 2,800 has been leveled.
                            According to initial reports, the blast was at the West Fertilizer plant at 1471 Jerry Mashek Drive, about a half-mile east of Interstate 35.
                            The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed there were multiple injuries.
                            At least 10 structures are on fire in the town, including a school which is next door to the plant.
                            The town's community hospital is about four blocks from the burning fertilizer plant.
                            A shock wave from the explosion may have been felt in parts of North Texas and mistaken for an earthquake.
                            News 8 crews are on the way to the scene and we'll be updating this story through the night.

Comment

Just to clarify, a 1 ton truck of fertilizer brought down a big-ass building in Ok City. An entire PLANT going up is a whole different ballgame.

Comment

Working...
                              X