Camaro outsells Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
    Looks like the Camaro won again for March, 8964 units to 8557 units. However, the Ford brand whipped the shit out of Chevy 204,276 to 148,197 units. And Ford as a company beat out GM for the 2nd time since 1998 with 212,777 to 206,621 units.

They are winning the pony car sales battle but this could be the beginnings of them losing the war.
    Looks like the lead has narrowed. only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSS View Post
      97-02 Mustangs out sell camaro but get destroyed on the street or track but Camaro's suck. 2011 Mustangs out perform Camaro's by a little but Camaro out sells Mustang but Camaro's still suck. 2012 ZL1 Camaro arrives, out performs any Mustang model and Camaro's probably still sell more too but Camaro's suck. Damn Camaro, Damn LS series engines, Damn government motors, Damn Damn Damn.

Being a Die hard Mustang guy is great I can relieve all this anger thats built up for 40+ years. But being serious Im glad there is healthy competition between the two so each product can improve as time goes by and more people want buy American made vehicles.
      Proof?

Comment

Lmao, why give a fuck?
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

97-02 Mustangs out sell camaro but get destroyed on the street or track but Camaro's suck. 2011 Mustangs out perform Camaro's by a little but Camaro out sells Mustang but Camaro's still suck. 2012 ZL1 Camaro arrives, out performs any Mustang model and Camaro's probably still sell more too but Camaro's suck. Damn Camaro, Damn LS series engines, Damn government motors, Damn Damn Damn.

Being a Die hard Mustang guy is great I can relieve all this anger thats built up for 40+ years. But being serious Im glad there is healthy competition between the two so each product can improve as time goes by and more people want buy American made vehicles.
          Are you aware that there are reports that the 2013 Shelby GT500 will have over 600hp?

Comment

Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
            Proof?
            I went by what happen when they raced a Gt500 vs a CTS-V coupe. Since the V coupe and ZL1 should be about the same performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              Are you aware that there are reports that the 2013 Shelby GT500 will have over 600hp?
              Well in all fairness I said 2012 and we know for fact the car is coming out. If the 2013 GT500 has 600hp we will have to wait and see if that comes true. Which I think would be bad ass. Just like the reports of a lighter more track spec Z28 coming too.

Comment

I went by what happen when they raced a Gt500 vs a CTS-V coupe. Since the V coupe and ZL1 should be about the same performance.
                I searched and found one test. It was a drag race.... Put the gt500 on a track vs. the ctsv and lets see what they do. With the same driver! Not saying the gt500 will win, however it would make more sense. A drag race doesn't make a car faster anyways unless you are named Billy Bob and live in a trailer. Also the specs aren't even out for the camaro.

Comment

What's more funny is people calling the soon to be released Camaro a Z28. The car is badged as ZL1 Camaro, it will have the same identical drivetrain as a ctsV.

Which brings me to this, the ctsv is built on the same platform as a camaro. The ctsv cars are all aluminum cradle, spindles and even the sway bar links. That's a new way to lighten up the pig Camaro.

Rumor for the z28 car are to be aimed at the boss, powertrain talks of the Ls7. But that's lightyears away for GM.

This argument is old, same thing many years ago. It's great for buisness, I ask every new 5.0 owner if they are ready to put an Ls motor in their car every chance I get! Lol
                  Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                    What's more funny is people calling the soon to be released Camaro a Z28. The car is badged as ZL1 Camaro, it will have the same identical drivetrain as a ctsV.

Which brings me to this, the ctsv is built on the same platform as a camaro. The ctsv cars are all aluminum cradle, spindles and even the sway bar links. That's a new way to lighten up the pig Camaro.

Rumor for the z28 car are to be aimed at the boss, powertrain talks of the Ls7. But that's lightyears away for GM.

This argument is old, same thing many years ago. It's great for buisness, I ask every new 5.0 owner if they are ready to put an Ls motor in their car every chance I get! Lol
                    It is old. I just like to stir the pot. I like both fords and chevys. The truth is, I don't know if I would buy either car. I am getting more into the older mustangs and such.

Comment

Working...
                    X