No announcement yet.

Camaro outsells Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The results will be different this year.

Comment

Can't you get into a V8 2011 Mustang for about $8k less than a Camaro SS? Even the used V8 Camaros are still over $30k just about everywhere I've seen one. Obviously the Mustang is going to outsell it in the long run.

Comment

Was this for a calendar year or the 2010 Model year for each car?
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
          Probably because the 5.0/3.7 engines were announced for 2011 and nobody wanted to "waste" money on a new mustang until the new engines were available. I have a feeling mustang sales will put camaro sales to shame next year.
          x2
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Nice to see and American brand finally beat Toyota
            QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              Did you black out after the /? I said 5.0/3.7.
              lmao
              -Blaine

Comment

I blame BumbleBee. Either way I'm glad the competition is back.

Comment

Can't speak from personal experience about the crapmaro but I love the 2011 Mustang and I was a GM guy. GM had every chace to make that thing really sell but they phailed miserably yet once again, looks like shit.
                  2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
                  99 Trans Am
                  69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Good maybe they can pay back the rest of the money we paid to bail them out..

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                      Probably because the 5.0/3.7 engines were announced for 2011 and nobody wanted to "waste" money on a new mustang until the new engines were available. I have a feeling mustang sales will put camaro sales to shame next year.
                      Not only will it outsell it, it will spank its ass in a race haha. Pretty sad when SS gets beat by GT. I guess the SS might as well not even show up to race a cobra or boss.

Comment

Gm flooded the market with the SS, it is sad really. Now SS means pretty much nothing. It isn't limited in any way. I wouldn't buy a camaro just for the fact that you see soccer moms driving the SS everywhere now. There are probably 20+ SS camaros in my city of 20k people. That is just a joke. The old SS cars are still better in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
                          Not only will it outsell it, it will spank its ass in a race haha. Pretty sad when SS gets beat by GT. I guess the SS might as well not even show up to race a cobra or boss.

The SS is just GM's GT, nothing special.

GM lost me on the ass end of the Camaro. It looks decent till you get to the back.

Comment

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but Camaro still easily outsold Mustang for January 2011. Consumers prefer styling over powertrain, certainly when non-enthusiasts see the V6 and V8 engines as being fairly competitive between Ford and GM:

The 2011 Chevrolet Camaro delivered 4,763 units, down 5,371 units from January of 2010 but it was enough to be the best of the Big 3 muscle cars. GM is surely pleased to have won the muscle car battle for January 2011 but an 11% drop in year over year sales is definitely not the way that they had hoped to begin the year. Chevrolet can expect to see the numbers for the Camaro grow in the next few months as we enter summer, accompanied by the arrival of the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible and hopefully the introduction of the new Camaro Z/28.

Ford saw a substantial drop in sales compared to 2010, with just 3,165 units representing a decline of 33% from the 4,747 cars they sold last January. The bad news for Ford is that there have been no vast changes to the mighty Mustang over the past few months and even though they moved over 3,100 units last month, a 33% decline makes for a disappointing month for the Blue Oval gang. Depending on how fuel prices go as we get into the warmer months, Ford could see numbers rebound as the snow melts – but that is still months away.

The Dodge Challenger was, as always, the muscle car with the fewest number of deliveries in January 2011 but most importantly, the Challenger saw an impressive increase of 50% compared to January of last year. Challenger sales are likely bolstered by the addition of the new 3.6L Pentastar V6 with 305 horsepower and 268lb-ft of torque and the new 6.4L, 392 cubic inch Hemi in the SRT8 models. The base model and high performance SRT model both get substantial increases in power without a huge jump in price while the 372hp Challenger R/T actually saw a drop in price for 2011. With 2,526 units moved last month, the Challenger was as close as it has ever been to either of the other two modern American muscle cars in monthly sales – a sign that the engine changes made for 2011 were a step in the right direction.

Muscle car sales were slow overall for January 2011 but with new trimlines (including the droptop) coming for the Camaro and the addition of lots of horsepower for the Dodge Challenger, 2011 could be a good year for the rear wheel drive American muscle cars.
                            Ford
                            GM
                            Toyota
                            VAG

Comment

Uh, oh February 2011 is even worse:

Despite the Chevy Camaro coming in at -4 percent in year-over-year growth for the month of February 2011, Camaro buffs can still sleep soundly at night knowing that the Camaro’s sales figures were nearly double that of the Ford Mustang, which came in second in last months pony car race. The score: 6,245 to 3,697 in favor of the Chevy. Total sales for the Camaro for the year to date comes in at 11,008 units.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

As awesome as the new 5.0 is (I'm a big GM fan and I admit, the 5.0 is a sweet powerplant and probably better than the LS3), consumers prefer the flashier styling of the Camaro to the Mustang which has basically looked the same for many years now with only minor styling tweaks.

Only the most hardcore enthusiasts would buy the Mustang over the Camaro solely for the engine, though I personally think the interior ergonomics and visibility from the cockpit is also much better in the Mustang than the Camaro. Handling as well with the track pack.
                                Ford
                                GM
                                Toyota
                                VAG

Comment

Working...
                                X