Tatoo artist needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatoo artist needed

My GF's mother has been battling cancer for some time and a few months after remission it has came back again, not sure what they can do at this point so it's a bad situation.

She would like to have a portrait tatoo'd on her as a memorial/reminder of her mother. Does anyone know of a good portrait artist in the area who could do something like this?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Portraits take a special artist - you are gonna wanna open up and be willing to travel IMHO. I have seen so many portrait tats that look like cartoons or some twisted picture-gone-wrong. Hearts can be in the right place, but the needle most certainly has to or it gets all sorts of screwed up.

A close friend had his 8 mo old son done by Mike Devries ( http://www.mdtattoos.com/ ) and it was amazing in that he was able to give the portrait a sense of personality/joy.

Comment

There is a chick at Suffer City tattoo in Dallas that does incredible portraits...Go take a look at her books.

Disclaimer: I don't know of anyone personally... Just what I saw in her books and recommendations to her from people when I was thinking about a portrait.
      Last edited by Wish4svts; 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM.
      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Artistic Encounter on Greenville/Lovers

Zack or Billy Jack (owner)

Zach's gallery - http://aetattoo.com/zack_gallery/zcktat1.html

Billy Jacks' - http://aetattoo.com/gallery/billyn.html

Comment

I would also try suggesting to your GF that she consider just having moms name, or maybe something mom said that is important to her put on. I've seen sooooooo many picture tattoos that look just awful - it's much harder to mess up some letters.

Comment

Billy Jack is good. Seen lots of his work. Considering getting a portrait done of my daughter.
            See you later...

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
              i would also try suggesting to your gf that she consider just having moms name, or maybe something mom said that is important to her put on. I've seen sooooooo many picture tattoos that look just awful - it's much harder to mess up some letters.
              qft
              QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

I would also try suggesting to your GF that she consider just having moms name, or maybe something mom said that is important to her put on. I've seen sooooooo many picture tattoos that look just awful - it's much harder to mess up some letters.
                That's a good suggestion, she liked that, thanks. That will probably be easier to make it look nice.
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                  Portraits take a special artist - you are gonna wanna open up and be willing to travel IMHO. I have seen so many portrait tats that look like cartoons or some twisted picture-gone-wrong. Hearts can be in the right place, but the needle most certainly has to or it gets all sorts of screwed up.

A close friend had his 8 mo old son done by Mike Devries ( http://www.mdtattoos.com/ ) and it was amazing in that he was able to give the portrait a sense of personality/joy.
                  That guy has some WICKED skill!

Comment

Originally posted by ImayBblack View Post
                    Billy Jack is good. Seen lots of his work. Considering getting a portrait done of my daughter.
                    Orly?!
                    Mr. Posner: You really think those Green Beret Karate tricks are gonna help you against all these boys?
                    Billy Jack: Well, it doesn't look to me like I really have any choice now, does it?
                    Mr. Posner: That's right, you don't.
                    Billy Jack: You know what I think I'm gonna do then? Just for the hell of it?
                    Mr. Posner: Tell me.
                    Billy Jack: I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...
                    Billy Jack: ...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.
                    Mr. Posner: Really?
                    Billy Jack: Really.

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                      There is a chick at Suffer City tattoo in Dallas that does incredible portraits...Go take a look at her books.

Disclaimer: I don't know of anyone personally... Just what I saw in her books and recommendations to her from people when I was thinking about a portrait.

My buddy owns Suffer City. His name is Stephen, he does some killer portraits as well.

Comment

I HIGHLY agree with this. My father passed away in 96 and I thought for 10 years about what I wanted to get to pay tribute to him. After talking with Chili and his aunt one night, they came up with what I ended up getting. My father was a computer programmer back in the 70's and used to sit at our dining room table during dinner and write code (in binary). So they came up with the brilliant idea of getting his initials in binary and the anniversary of his death in between. It came out exactly like what I was wanting. So not only is it tasteful and dainty, it is VERY meaningful to me and fits him perfectly. I think of him every time I see it. The anniversary is coming up on 1/19. RIP, daddy.
                        Attached Files
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Orly?!
                          I guess I'm confused...
                          See you later...

Comment

my mom got the word "son" tattood on her neck in honor of me.

Comment

Originally posted by jasone View Post
                              my mom got the word "son" tattood on her neck in honor of me.
                              no, no, no, it was actually supposed to be Sonar... my nickname in the navy.

But she couldn't take the pain. It's cute that she told you it was for you

Comment

Working...
                              X