Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old commercial Toro's. What are they worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old commercial Toro's. What are they worth?

I don't know if I want to spend any time trying to get these running. I was going to ask $100 @. That may be way high or even too low. I sold a Mcclane edger way too cheap a few weeks back that I am kicking myself for not doing my homework on.

Neither have the bags. I believe one to be a 2 stroke.

With the condition of the chassis and the fact that they have no bags, Id probably say 30-50 dollars.

Comment

You can get a brand new mower for around $100. That thing is a pile. No one wants no two stroke pile, man!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        You can get a brand new mower for around $100. That thing is a pile. No one wants no two stroke pile, man!
        Kinda, but there are people who could use these for parts to rebuild their Toro. People will collect the darnedest things.

Comment

The bottom one is a Damn good mower if it was in decent shape, they take all kinds of abuse and keep on running.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            You are thinking as a consumer though. Sure you can get a $100 Walmart cheap mower and suit you just fine and get years of service. I'm not knocking that. Commercial grade is heavier chassis, larger capacity tank, guards for things like the mufflers, spark plugs, etc. They get banged around in the back of trailers and stuff too a lot more. I agree that I don't see myself ever buying one, but there is a market.

I am selling these for a widow. I am not making any money for myself on them. I just want to get her the best prices I can.

Comment

That one is more than 10 years old. I looked at them when I bought mine. Newer models have a different engine, pneumatic tires, an oil filter, and handle on the front.

Comment

I think a $100 is a fair price! I have the new Residential 30inch Toro & it was $999 & the Commercial one is $1700 just to give you a idea, The 21inch Toro Commercial unit at Lakeview Power Equipment in Rowlett is $1350 new
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  I think a $100 is a fair price! I have the new Residential 30inch Toro & it was $999 & the Commercial one is $1700 just to give you a idea, The 21inch Toro Commercial unit at Lakeview Power Equipment in Rowlett is $1350 new
                  Don't think he'd get that for a non running mower from 1989. you tried to pull the chord to make sure the engine isn't locked up at least?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                    Don't think he'd get that for a non running mower from 1989. you tried to pull the chord to make sure the engine isn't locked up at least?
                    I missed they weren't running, Well then they are good for scrap metal at least
                    GOD BLESS TEXAS
                    August Landscaping
                    214-779-7278
                    Seb's high class.
                    He'll mow your grass.
                    He'll kick your ass.
                    And while his kidney stones pass,
                    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

They aren't locked up. I will probably pressure wash them and clean the carbs and get them running then. I wondered how old they were. I knew they had to be at least 10 or more but been in storage.

Comment

My Dad has a 20yr old commercial Toro and it looks more modern then those two.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                          My Dad has a 20yr old commercial Toro and it looks more modern then those two.
                          its cause it is.... the 1st one is from 89, the second is from 90

Comment

Working...
                          X