X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home insurance variation?

Getting a home loan in april.

Home loan puts insurance at 88 a month.

Cheapest home owners I could find was 196 a month.

/Rant

$196/month!?! $2400/year for homeowners?

Pm coming with an agent that was referred to me by here and saved me a buttload.
    Last edited by sc281; 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM.

Comment

do you mean the mortgage company is estimating the insurance at 88/mo? When they take a loan application they usually just use a % of loan amount to figure monthly insurance until a policy is obtained. For Underwriting/qualification purposes, i double the amount used until i have an actual policy in front of me.

Comment

That's robbery, get another quote from elsewhere.

Comment

Info on the house?

Best thing you can do is call around. There are some smaller insurance companies sold through independent agents that specialize in houses that are new and will have much better rates.

Also, check with your auto insurance company. Discounts for multiple policies. Also, shop your auto with the house policy and see what their discounts are.

And, dont forget, there were across the board increases on house insurance rates.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Info on the house?

Best thing you can do is call around. There are some smaller insurance companies sold through independent agents that specialize in houses that are new and will have much better rates.

Also, check with your auto insurance company. Discounts for multiple policies. Also, shop your auto with the house policy and see what their discounts are.

And, dont forget, there were across the board increases on house insurance rates.
            thats what my girl did, called around.. we just got done closing and h.i. was $150 with a swimming pool. even got a discount for a fire hydrant being close to the house.

Comment

City and/or county can make a big difference in your premiums. Unless you're looking at a $400k house, $2400 a year is too much, especially with a 1% deductible.

Comment

Damn, what's the house value??? For $2400/yr it'd better be in the $450-500k range...

Comment

Buying house for 68k hud home worth about 100k top end everyones getting quotes of 190k to rebuild it

tarrant zip code 76123

2 story/3bdr/2.5bath.

brick attached garage 1938 sq ft.

Comment

Closed on a new 4/2/2 1700sqft in 76020 for $127,000 In December and our insurance through TWG insurance is $700 a year
                    Contact info Ted Olsen 2148385404

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                      $196/month!?! $2400/year for homeowners?

Pm coming with an agent that was referred to me by here and saved me a buttload.
                      So far best one at 144 a month.

It either has to be my age (24) or the fact this thing has 2 fireplaces.

Comment

Just keep calling...hit up a small independent insurance agency

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post

I'm 26 and mine is 900/yr

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
                          Closed on a new 4/2/2 1700sqft in 76020 for $127,000 In December and our insurance through TWG insurance is $700 a year
                          Contact info Ted Olsen 2148385404
                          Same company as the one I sent you 03mustang, just a ddifferent agent.

Comment

yep twg same company even get a discount since home loan thru bofa no idea why its so high though. My moms house same sq ft 2 blocks down ( 1 story) is 1088 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post

the house also has two fireplace. house is 2400sqf.

Comment

Working...
                              X