Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I legally park my trailer temporarily in front of neighbors house on street?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I legally park my trailer temporarily in front of neighbors house on street?

We are leasing a duplex while we build our home and the tenant's next door just called the property management company and reported me for my trailer being on the street, and 9 feet of the 20 foot trailer is in front of her house.

Isn't the street the city's and not the landlord /tenant? I am wanting to confirm this before going off on this cunt.

I would think it would depend on whether there is a home owners association, city ordinances, etc...Call the city.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Stop being a dick and rent a place to keep your things.

Comment

These things vary from city to city, but Leah is probably right. We once had a car parked in front of our house forever and long story short it was a city/police thing.

Sounds like real nice neighbors.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Oh, but if the HOA does not allow trailers - you can't have a trailer on property.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Its a city/HOA thing. If neither apply, then fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Stop being a dick and rent a place to keep your things.
              So the storage facility isn't sufficient the other 340 days of the year where I store it?

Comment

When I've got my car trailer out and know I'm going to use it for the weekend sometimes I'll have to leave it in front of the neighbors. They haven't complained but the street is open to the public. I honestly don't think they can do anything about it.
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

So, you keep it parked halfway in front of their house for a month? I would be pissed at you too, but I would ask you to move it first.

Comment

Also keep in mind that the city will likely have different rules for registered and inspected vehicles, versus other property such as your trailer. Parking a car on the street is different than trailer storage.

I'd be okay with a day or two here and there, regardless of city ordinance, but I'd report you too after much longer than that, especially if it were happening frequently.

Comment

What does your lease agreement say? If your landlord owns both properties, and it's in your contract that you can't park a trailer on the street, you might get boned by the property managers. The best thing to do with out of the ordinary shit like this, is talk to your neighbors about it ahead of time. People can be real dicks about stuff that they perceive affects them, even if it really doesn't.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Ill admit I read the op wrong. In my mind it read that you had both a 9 foot and 20 foot trailors.

Is it blocking her drive or anything else. If its 9 feet id tell her to get bent. Now you go taking up all the space people get pissy.

Comment

Is it hooked to the truck?
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Police and city manager said I have every right to as long as its parked the right direction and not blocking anyone's access

Comment

It should be legal...... tacky and douche baggish... but Legal.

Comment

Working...
                              X