Bone hardness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone hardness?

So I have to go to the oral surgeon to get the rest of my wisdom teeth cut out. I went before and it was brutal. The guy rememberd me from three years ago and said he had hell cause I have big and very hard bones. Is this true? Ive never heard anything like that before? I searched the net and got nada so I figure the dfw detectives could answer me? haha
    2000 Dodge 4x4 qclb Sport 4'' lift and 35's

Soooooo......... you have big hard bones in your mouth?!?

1ST
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

wolverine?

Comment

Caused from too many boners in your mouth

Comment

GE told me that massive amounts of baby-batter in one's mouth solidifies the bones in your jaw. You may PM him about it.

Comment

I expected as much from this site haha.
            2000 Dodge 4x4 qclb Sport 4'' lift and 35's

Comment

The surgeon had a hard time with 1 of my 4 molars and that one hurt like hell. All the others are fine.

Boner.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                So I have to go to the oral surgeon to get the rest of my wisdom teeth cut out. I went before and it was brutal. The guy rememberd me from three years ago and said he had hell cause I have big and very hard bones. Is this true? Ive never heard anything like that before? I searched the net and got nada so I figure the dfw detectives could answer me? haha
                It's possible. My dad had a bone marrow biopsy a few years back and the doc had hell drilling into the bone. Said that his bones were unusually strong. I myself have abnormally long roots, my upper wisdom roots have grown into the sinus cavity. I had a molar pulled and the roots were longer than most people's wisdom teeth.

Comment

Just sounds to me you need to go to another Oral Surgeon. I had both of my removed and had no swelling or problems with bleeding. Was eating solid food in less than 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                    Just sounds to me you need to go to another Oral Surgeon. I had both of my removed and had no swelling or problems with bleeding. Was eating solid food in less than 48 hours.
                    So because YOU had no swelling or problems it automatically means that what the oral surgeon told him is not true? That makes a lot of sense.
                    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                      So because YOU had no swelling or problems it automatically means that what the oral surgeon told him is not true? That makes a lot of sense.
                      +1, every case is different. My dad got a dry socket, my sister was in a lot of pain, but my best friend was over it in a week. I had my molar ripped out and didn't use a single pain pill.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        What his surgeon didn't explain is that as you age the bones encasing the wisdom become harder and extraction becomes more difficult. This is especially the issue during and impaction. If his teeth are erupted and he's let it go on for years and years. The extraction will be more difficult as the roots take a better stronghold and will most times be brittle as people usually develop cavities with erupted wisdom teeth over a period of time. This due to how difficult it is to brush them properly.

However, any skilled Oral Surgeon is prepared to handle any of these problems should they occur. Sometimes the Dr. will just break up the surgery into two separate events. This just to reduce pain, time under anesthesia, reduce complications such as swelling at what not. Make it more comfortable for the patient and make separate appointment.s
                        Last edited by LS1Goat; 01-13-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X