Two youths arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two youths arrested in shooting death of Georgia baby

I dont care how old they are, I really hope they spend every living second in jail, until someone in there takes care of them.

Brunswick, Georgia (CNN) -- Two teenagers were arrested Friday in the shooting death of a 13-month-old boy who was in his stroller, according to police in this coastal city.

The suspects are a 17-year-old boy and a 14-year-old boy, Police Chief Tobe Green told reporters Friday. He said they are being held on suspicion of first-degree murder.

Green identified the older suspect as Demarquis Elkins, saying he will be treated as an adult in criminal proceedings. The 14-year-old was not identified because of his age.

"We are turning every stone to get a motive," said Green. A weapon, believed to be a handgun, has not been found.

Police offered a $10,000 reward for information and have received more than 30 leads.

Sherry West earlier told reporters that the incident occurred at 9 a.m. Thursday as she was walking home from the post office, pushing her son Antonio in a stroller. She said she saw two boys.

"A boy approached me and told me he wanted my money, and I told him I didn't have any money," she said. "And he said, 'Give me your money or I'm going to kill you and I'm going to shoot your baby and kill your baby,' and I said, "I don't have any money and don't kill my baby."

The boy tried to grab her purse and opened fire when she said tried to tell him she had no money, West said, grazing her head. She said the boy then shot her in the leg.

She continued, "And then, all of a sudden, he walked over and he shot my baby in the face."

West said she tried to perform CPR on her son and that the police took over when they arrived, but to no avail. "We lost him," she said.

During the incident, the smaller of the two boys was hiding behind the larger one, she said. "I don't know whether it was his brother or a friend."

West had said she hopes the boys will receive the maximum sentence possible. "If they can use a gun like an adult, then they can be charged like an adult," she said. "I want to see lethal injection or at least life in prison.

This child did nothing to him. He was innocent and helpless."

Though no one has reported seeing the shooting, several people called 911 after hearing it, police spokesman Todd Rhodes said earlier.

The city's website describes Brunswick, with a population of about 15,000, as "one of the most unique, historic and visually stunning places in the world." It boasts 19th century Victorian-style homes, century-old oaks and magnolia tree-lined streets.
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/geo...html?hpt=hp_t1

What in the fuck is wrong with people?

Comment

you watch the mothers interview, i don't know why but she just comes off as less then genuine.

still incredibly sad, just wondering if anyone else felt that way?

Comment

Fry 'em.

Comment

Wow... like I said in the Ex Cheerleader blowjob thread. What in the fuck is wrong with the youth today. RIP little man

Comment

Stupid ass mother just give them your god damn purse it's never worth getting shot over.
            As for the kids well they'll get taken care of in jail n hopefully never make it alive to prison

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Fry 'em.
              Fucking, THIS.

Comment

seriously why even give em due process.

under my rule. i would put their sorry ass's on ebay as slaves, OR live bait for wild boar!
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Hopefully Jesse Jackson shows up and lets everyone know that baby had it coming.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Duh two yutes!

ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Holy fuck... I would hang them from a pole and give everybody in the crowd razor blades and Lemon juice... I hope they fry.... Rip to the little one

Comment

De'Marquise Elkins...any guesses to his color? he did shoot a white baby. is this a hate crime? i didnt read anything about that.
                        2011 Mustang GT
                        sigpic

Comment

Motive?

How about "Aggravated Robbery" that turned to "Capital Murder"???

Oh yea, and it can't be a hate crime when it's black on white......

Comment

There should be no judge or jury.
                            sigpic

Comment

Tie 'em down to a fire ant mound and kick the mound

Comment

Working...
                              X