Jet ski question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    Yeah, maintenance (or lack thereof) is a big issue with a lot of them it seems. A buddy of mine owns a boat shop (used to post out here some) and he was always picking those things up on the serious cheap due to neglect.
    Yep...
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Lol at the Polaris hate. We have two Polaris skis in the 500 hour range with zero issues on either. 2 smoke are fine and actually what we prefer. I'd rather rebuild or pay to have a two stroke rebuilt. One the the new s/c or turbo 4 strokes go boom and its costly.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
        Lol at the Polaris hate. We have two Polaris skis in the 500 hour range with zero issues on either. 2 smoke are fine and actually what we prefer. I'd rather rebuild or pay to have a two stroke rebuilt. One the the new s/c or turbo 4 strokes go boom and its costly.
        The first 3-4 years of production more than made up for that...

It is good to hear that they got their stuff together. I must admit, I've see a Polaris run that I would have bet 100% of mechanics would not believe. Apparently, pistons are only accessories on early models, and not really necessary. I wish I had taken pics...
        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
        86 SVO - Sold
        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

It's all subject to sicurmstances. Polaris are crap shoot for 99 percent of people looking to buy a pwc because they don't make them anymore and almost every dealer quit working on them. I raced Polaris PWC for a few years in the heyday of fast-small pwc before they turned into the gigantic yachts that kawi, doo-doo, and Yamaha make now.

But, if I didn't have a good knowledge of the Polaris stuff and a decent parts stash I would probably go with something Yamaha personally.

Comment

Cant knock the polaris for there speed back In The day. A little bit of maintaince will go along way In Those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
              sicurmstances.
              i dont think that word means you think it means
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

It would probably help if I spelled it correctly. However, I don't always catch errors on my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  i dont think that word means you think it means

inconceivable!

Buckner and Elam Auto Sales
                  509 S. Buckner Blvd
                  Dallas, TX 75217
                  (214) 309-2400

Comment

Working...
                  X