• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
    Which city did you test for?
    Arlington
    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      1187 registered, no idea how many actually showed
      Did you test?
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

My vote is Collin College too, i went in 2000. The department i work for hired four of us out of the same class. The metroplex departments know Collin College's reputation and like to hire people that graduated from there.

Also, word through our EMS Chief is Texas is going away from DSHS, and will soon be only National Registry.

Anyway, good luck!

PS- If you get your medic cert, it's A LOT easier to get hired.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
          Which city did you test for?
          The test wasn't that difficult it was just time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            The test wasn't that difficult it was just time consuming.
            Also on some of those civil service exams its impossible to get hired if you never served in the military.

In 2000, i tested for Ft Worth with 2000 other people. I scored a 98.x% and didnt make the cut of the top 200 to go to the next level. The cut off was 101% which was only possible with 5 military points. Needless to say I was pissed. I would have been top 25 if it wasnt for the points. Don't get me wrong, i feel they deserve it, but i dont think i needed to be cut from the process because of it. It all worked out in the end though and i got hired by a city closer to my house that paid more.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen779 View Post
              Also on some of those civil service exams its impossible to get hired if you never served in the military.

In 2000, i tested for Ft Worth with 2000 other people. I scored a 98.x% and didnt make the cut of the top 200 to go to the next level. The cut off was 101% which was only possible with 5 military points. Needless to say I was pissed. I would have been top 25 if it wasnt for the points. Don't get me wrong, i feel they deserve it, but i dont think i needed to be cut from the process because of it. It all worked out in the end though and i got hired by a city closer to my house that paid more.
              Arlington doesn't add points for prior military service, where did you get hired if you don't mind me asking. PM me if need be

Comment

did you pass national registry yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo View Post
                  did you pass national registry yet?
                  I haven't taken it yet. I just got finished with my clinicals

Comment

Taking the registry next week. It took my instructor forever to okay the test on the nr website

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      I love that big ass rabbit.
                      sigpic

Comment

good luck man, let me know if you have any questions or need help, im a FF/paramedic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nightfly2000 View Post
                          good luck man, let me know if you have any questions or need help, im a FF/paramedic as well.
                          Thanks man. Pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Thanks man. Pm sent.
                            Has Chelsea helped you out?
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              Has Chelsea helped you out?
                              Haven't really talked to her much. But I wouldn't mind helping her out

Comment

http://www.military.com/video/specia...2525223672001/.
                                ./ ____ _ _\.
                                (]]]_ o _[[[)
                                \o_FORD_o/
                                |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Working...
                                X