New Cadillac Twin Turbo/DI V6 420hp/430tq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cadillac Twin Turbo/DI V6 420hp/430tq

After much discussions and amid rumors, Cadillac finally pulls the veil off the twin turbo v6 engine that will be considered the range topping motor for the 2014 CTS. At 420hp and 430tq it will power the CTS to 0-60 in just 4.6 seconds.

This engine will also land in the xts coupled with a 6 speed transmission. It's yet to be seen if it will be offered in an awd configuration.

All-new cylinder block casting
    All-new cylinder head castings
    Strengthened connecting rods
    Machined, domed aluminum pistons with top steel ring carrier for greater strength
    10.2:1 compression ratio
    Patented, integrated charge air cooler system with low-volume air ducts
    Two turbochargers produce more than 12 pounds of boost (80 kPa)
    Vacuum-actuated wastegates with electronic control valves
    All-new direct injection fuel system
    Tuned air inlet and outlet resonators, aluminum cam covers and other features that contribute to exceptional quietness and smoothness.

The 2014 CTS will break cover next week at the New York Auto Show, but Cadillac has released a few details of what we can expect to find under the car's hood. As we saw in some spy shots back in January, the biggest news for the midsize Cadd

Last edited by Pro88LX; 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM.

time for everyone to trade in their mustang 5.0 gt's?

motor on tilt stand

Comment

Wherez the other 2 cylinders?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        Wherez the other 2 cylinders?
        i think an 8 cylinder version is being developed.

Comment

Horsepower wars are getting fucking crazy. Hope my car isn't already outclassed in 2 years. lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Horsepower wars are getting fucking crazy. Hope my car isn't already outclassed in 2 years. lol
            i know. My ls1 will be the equivalent of a v6 third gen camaro performance wise soon LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
              i know. My ls1 IS the equivalent of a v6 third gen camaro NOW LOL
              fixed

Comment

is it just me or does anyone else see this being another Cadillac nightmare down the road. having all sorts of electrical issues like most of their junk.
                cool concept i guess but hope it works well in the real world

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post
                  is it just me or does anyone else see this being another Cadillac nightmare down the road. having all sorts of electrical issues like most of their junk.
                  Caddy has come a LONG way since the mid 90's...and they are in an entirely different universe from the Cadillac of the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous_sep View Post

My V has been awesome and the newer Caddys are world class in engineering and build quality. This engine will be stout and durable.

Also, this isn't the next gen CTS-V engine just their mid-level option to compete with the higher 8 cylinder turbo 5 series and E-class competitors. Pretty awesome engine.
                    Ford
                    GM
                    Toyota
                    VAG

Comment

Neat concept, but I agree with above post Cadillac seems to have issues when they try fancy stuff.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Please let them put one in an AWD ATS. Please, please, please, Jebus!
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

aside from the cts-v and escalade engines of course. well just see how it pans out sounds like it'll be a hell of a ride if it works

Comment

ohc????

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                              ohc????
                              Looks like it. Though at only 400hp you know it will be in a heavy, loaded caddy, could be around 4200lbs+ then its not so impressive.

Now put that in a stripped down Camaro or stripped down Vette and it might be pretty damn quick.
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X