WTF is up with gas jumping 18 cents in 2 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I figured you would be the one to call me on that, lol. I'm poor, but have to buy gas either way, so I really don't care what the prices are.
    Got a new Fox body AND don't even GAF about gas prices?

You must have gotten one helluva tax return!
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Fox body + $5k = JDGAF!

Comment

Don't buy gas next Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Got a new Fox body AND don't even GAF about gas prices?

You must have gotten one helluva tax return!

Lol

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Fox body + $5k = JDGAF!
          Have you guys seen the prices on C16?

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            The stations over by me are on the norm the lowest I can find on the norm & their by my house & its cheaper then Garland, The QT off 205 n 276 is pretty cheap in Rockwall. But for them to be at $3.69, I know the shit is up everywhere then.
            Raceway @ 205 was $3.52 last night.

Comment

When the price of a commodity rises to stratospheric heights for no apparent reason, it’s likely hysterical speculation. Only the government could come up with a bubble in a commodity that’s merely speculative. This week, the going price for a “renewable identification number” hit a high of $1.10, which is up 3,500 percent from the 3 cents it would have fetched just a few months ago.

Renewable identification numbers are ethanol production credits created by the Environmental Protection Agency to help companies meet federal quotas for the production of a fuel that doesn’t actually exist. In 2007, President George W. Bush signed a law declaring that 36 billion gallons of ethanol would be sold by the year 2022. Though spoken of in terms of the environment or boosting America’s energy independence, the real purpose of such ethanol sales promises has always been political. Anyone seeking the blessing of the Midwest in presidential primaries must pledge the rest of the country to wasting billions of dollars unnecessarily pumping corn into their gas tanks.

It would be bad enough if the story ended right there, but it doesn’t. Government nannies declared a separate quota for “renewable” fuels that must be blended into proper petroleum products. For example, the Environmental Protection Agency declared 14 million gallons of cellulosic biofuel must be produced for 2013. The problem is that this fantasy fuel exists only in a laboratory. It can’t actually be produced in any significant quantities. Maybe someday, but definitely not today.

Rather than admit defeat, environmentalist bureaucrats set up a system forcing companies to buy the renewable identification numbers to meet their targets — like forcing them to pay a fine for failing to perform an impossible act. This created an artificial trading market that’s ripe with green fraud.

Speculators have realized there’s no more room at America’s fuel pumps to accommodate additional ethanol. Currently, Americans are forced to dilute their gasoline with 10 percent corn, which is the maximum amount that can be added without ruining the engine of an automobile. The Obama administration backed off attempts to force acceptance of a 15 percent blend; fortunately for all of us, the automobile manufacturers refused to go along. The threat of warranty-related lawsuits has delayed the threat for at least a few more years.

This means the refiners are up against what they calls the “blend wall,” the point where no more corn fuel can be foisted on consumers, despite government mandates demanding ever more production and sales. The only remaining option to meet the goals under government regulations is the purchase of renewable identification numbers, which avoids actually blending real ethanol and gasoline.

Though a few green speculators might get rich from this artificial price spike, the rest of us will end up paying the cost. The creation of unnecessary fuel blends drives up the cost of gasoline, and the misuse of farm land for ethanol drives up the cost of food. Midwestern votes aren’t worth this much headache and cost.

The Environmental Protection Agency’s artificial trading market serves no legitimate purpose and only encourages scams. We’ve paid enough at the pump already. Congress must repeal this ethanol madness.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2O11hJUZm
              Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
              In other words, it is Bush's fault...

Comment

Got DAMN BUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!!!!!! Fuck the hippies

Comment

Love's at I-30 was $3.53 earlier. Home Boy's @ FM3549 & 66 was $3.69. Shenanigans

Comment

Shit i think $3.49 here today

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                      Shit i think $3.49 here today
                      Filled up in Kaufman yesterday at $3.48, but over in rockwall it was $3.69

Comment

If fools in Washington would allow new refineries we could refine our light oil
                        Instead of sour we import. also they don't allow export of us crude so there is a spread between wti and Brent its about 20. so basically u pay more for gas because of environmentalists and morons we put in office.

Comment

I hope it goes to $10 a gallon.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            I hope it goes to $10 a gallon.
                            natty g stations will be popping shortly!!! bet on it

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                              natty g stations will be popping shortly!!! bet on it
                              And people would finally pay attention to what the idiots in Washington are doing.
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Expensive gas wasted tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X