No announcement yet.

People aren't really...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this TWC log and do you have to fill it out if the person isn't actually attempting to get the job? I've never been on unemployment so it's an actual question. When I went job hunting it was always in a button down shirt, slacks and maybe a tie. After I got out of the Army and went to work for Convergy's in Killeen, I was slacks, button up shirt and jump boots.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
      What is this TWC log and do you have to fill it out if the person isn't actually attempting to get the job? I've never been on unemployment so it's an actual question. When I went job hunting it was always in a button down shirt, slacks and maybe a tie. After I got out of the Army and went to work for Convergy's in Killeen, I was slacks, button up shirt and jump boots.
      Texas Workforce Commission or something like that. The ones who control unemployment. I'm not sure whether or not the interviewer has to sign the log, but some do just to get pieces of trash out of their store.

Comment

Well... A guy I work with at the hospital was a Realtor and made 6 figures every year selling houses for a home builder. He wanted out and went back to school. His unemployment paid him $400 more a month than he makes now as a tech at the hospital

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          Well... A guy I work with at the hospital was a Realtor and made 6 figures every year selling houses for a home builder. He wanted out and went back to school. His unemployment paid him $400 more a month than he makes now as a tech at the hospital
          Sounds like techs at the hospital don't make shit.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Texas Workforce Commission or something like that. The ones who control unemployment. I'm not sure whether or not the interviewer has to sign the log, but some do just to get pieces of trash out of their store.
            The applicant maintains the form. They log day, company and location, who they spoke with, and the phone number. There have been several fill them out right at my counter, most reek of BO, are dressed in worn out clothes, and very obviously milking the system

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I would agree with previous posts that unemployment and govmt handouts are too enticing these days and pride is lost amongst many.

Comment

Being that I just got laid off, I can tell you that a retail position will not pay what unemployment does, however, finding 3 or more quality assurance positions a week that i have already not applied to is pretty difficult. I find myself applying to jobs I dont have any interest in taking just so I can keep my mortgage paid.

Comment

and prospective employers know that over-qualified employees will drop a job when they have the opportunity to get back where they should be.
                  In the past, I verbally garaunteed a timeframe when I was asked about this aspect.

Some people dumb down a resume in order to get a job that is sub-standard to their career field, to prevent rejection by being over-qualified.
                  Jay Johnson
                  Car hauler for hire

Comment

I miss seeing James C. In Paris Texas but Joe C. is running it pretty good . Do y'all still have Pat Bowe managing something somewhere ?
                    The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
                      I miss seeing James C. In Paris Texas but Joe C. is running it pretty good . Do y'all still have Pat Bowe managing something somewhere ?
                      James has been through our store a few times. His hearing is about gone. I don't see pat on our contact sheet. It is and has been a great company to work for. The benefits are GREAT especially for the pay and the premiums. My number one complaint is that for such a relatively small company (60 stores in 5 states) and a narrow focus, the people working the corporate office are pretty out of tune at times.

Comment

Oh, are you from or live in Paris? I know a few folks up that way

Comment

My brother has been unemployed about 9 months. He is a printer by trade and its all he has done since HS. He's good at his job but skill set is very specific. He has been in Austin for those 9 months and was required by TWC to make two contacts a week and call in once a week to report he had not found work. He filled out the log and doubt seriously there was any follow up by TWC. For this he got about 75% of his original salary.

I encouraged to come to DFW were there would be better options in his specific industry. He has been staying with me and found a part time job within days. He is doing a 2 week working interview type deal and forgot to call in to TWC 1 week. They are disputing his last month's benefits because of the no call.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                            and prospective employers know that over-qualified employees will drop a job when they have the opportunity to get back where they should be.
                            In the past, I verbally garaunteed a timeframe when I was asked about this aspect.

Some people dumb down a resume in order to get a job that is sub-standard to their career field, to prevent rejection by being over-qualified.
                            That is the problem my resume has and the perception of where I work and what I actually do. The job I took last year as an escape from overseas security contract work expected me to bring my skills/experience but had a fixed start pay cause of the union. When I started I told my coworkers that in the weeks off between jobs I forgot EVERYTHING, teach me from scratch since that is what the company is paying for. Supervisors understood and knew it was just talk but were able to relate to how true it was.

9 months later when my old job called and waived that drug infront of me, I knew it was time to escape rehab and get back on the crack. I am not quitting until I am the last man standing in Afghanistan......and then I am gonna take up that unemployment check until I find a job that will pay me to bring my skills/experience. May take a while. May spend a lot of days bugging Brooks at his shop down the street from me. May try and learn some new skills and new carrier.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                              My brother has been unemployed about 9 months. He is a printer by trade and its all he has done since HS. He's good at his job but skill set is very specific. He has been in Austin for those 9 months and was required by TWC to make two contacts a week and call in once a week to report he had not found work. He filled out the log and doubt seriously there was any follow up by TWC. For this he got about 75% of his original salary.

I encouraged to come to DFW were there would be better options in his specific industry. He has been staying with me and found a part time job within days. He is doing a 2 week working interview type deal and forgot to call in to TWC 1 week. They are disputing his last month's benefits because of the no call.
                              Ouch. So he can receive a check for his 2 week working interview type deal from the employer and still collect the TWC check? Not point a finger, legitimately curious. If I take a job making minimum wage that is part time to learn a new skill set and make myself more marketable, it would be great to still get that check.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

For 7.50 a hour i would show up in my underoo's.

Comment

Working...
                                X