Verizon announcement tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
    maybe this will make att reduce their rates and possibly bring back unlimited data...i have it, but only because i'm grandfathered in. i have 3-iphones on my plan (mine, wife and daughter), and att doesn't seem near as family-friendly as some others. my aunt told me that she only pays for one unlimited data package (sprint) and shares it between everyone on the plan...i haven't checked, so i'm not too familiar with other plans, but att is pretty damned expensive.
    I've still got my unlimited data - eventhough lately I haven't been using it much. My ex-gf just switched from ATT to Sprint because they were going to drop her unlimited data bacuse she was going to swap a 3GUSB stick for a my-fi(or whatever ATT calls it). I looked at switching to Sprint, but it was going to endup costing me more.
    $70 unlimited + $10 add a line + $10 4G phone charge + $30 wifi function charge = more than my current bill

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Definition: LTE (Long Term Evolution) is a wireless broadband technology designed to support roaming Internet access via cell phones and handheld devices. Because LTE offers significant improvements over older cellular communication standards, some refer to it as a 4G (fourth generation) technology along with WiMax.

With its architecture centered on Internet Protocol (IP), Long Term Evolution promises to have excellent support for browsing Web sites, VoIP and other IP-based services. LTE can theoretically support downloads at 300 Megabits per second (Mbps) or more based on experimental trials. However, the actual bandwidth available to an individual LTE subscriber will likely be significantly less.

Thank you, sir

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
        My contract has been up for a while now, maybe I should make the switch from droid to iPhone. Apple products always seem to work well but have irritating quirks.
        IMHO Droid is better than Iphone. Chili and I both have droid phones on the Sprint network and there are many apps and things we can get on ours that are free of charge compared to our friends with Iphones. I LOVE my EVO and it can do everything an iPhone can do plus it's cheaper.
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
          IMHO Droid is better than Iphone. Chili and I both have droid phones on the Sprint network and there are many apps and things we can get on ours that are free of charge compared to our friends with Iphones. I LOVE my EVO and it can do everything an iPhone can do plus it's cheaper.
          I got my iPhone 4 today.
          Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
            I got my iPhone 4 today.
            I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              I'm sorry.

Ha! It's a nice upgrade from the 3G.
              Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                Ha! It's a nice upgrade from the 3G.
                Captivate is a better upgrade. Want a screenshot of the GPS program I use?

Comment

With LTE/4G supposedly just around the corner, it doesn't make much sense to get a Verizon iPhone now. Maybe Apple will release a 4G version of the iPhone at some point in the future and then I might consider.

FWIW, I happened to be in a Verizon store today buying a battery for my shitberry and asked the sales guy what was up for tomorrow. He laughed and said they are usually the last to know anything.
                  - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                  1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                    FWIW, I happened to be in a Verizon store today buying a battery for my shitberry and asked the sales guy what was up for tomorrow. He laughed and said they are usually the last to know anything.
                    Funny, my buddy's wife(that works for verizon) told me back around the fourth of July that they were expecting it in January '11. They just didn't have anything set in stone.

Comment

If VZ gets an iPhone there are going to be a lot people that are going to be disapponted because there Network is CDMA non global standard.

Plus, those that go to VZ from AT&T will notice cant do Data aka Internet while on the phone among other things.

Even if a real 4G aka LTE version comes out for AT&T or VZ its just data only. 4G aka LTE voice is a long way off.

I dont care for a faster download. My iPhone 4 works just fine for data as it is today

Comment

I have never needed to talk on my phone while using the internet on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                          I've still got my unlimited data - eventhough lately I haven't been using it much. My ex-gf just switched from ATT to Sprint because they were going to drop her unlimited data bacuse she was going to swap a 3GUSB stick for a my-fi(or whatever ATT calls it). I looked at switching to Sprint, but it was going to endup costing me more.
                          $70 unlimited + $10 add a line + $10 4G phone charge + $30 wifi function charge = more than my current bill
                          Dont need the $30 Dollar hotspot charge just use wifi thether.

Comment

Originally posted by habs4me View Post
                            Dont need the $30 Dollar hotspot charge just use wifi thether.
                            Yeah, I just re-read the email from my ex that switched to sprint. I think she may have been referring to the mobile hotspot charge being $30.

She said the family unlimited is $99 for 2 lines +$10 for the 4g - still gets pretty close to what I've got.

I'm holding off on any changes, especially after seeing the Moto Atrix(above).

Comment

Originally posted by DieselSmoke View Post
                              What about the Atrix?

Sweet. They will sell the shit out of those if the price is right.
                              Last edited by sig239; 01-11-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                                I have never needed to talk on my phone while using the internet on the phone.
                                I tether my phone and can talk on my blue tooth at the same time.
                                I just some thing th think about, some may never use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X