Verizon announcement tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    My contract has been up for a while now, maybe I should make the switch from droid to iPhone. Apple products always seem to work well but have irritating quirks.
    Give it a few months til the next batch of good phones comes out. I'd hold out for the new Motorola Droid Bionic.

Comment

I hate my iphone, wish I had never listened to the craple fanboys. Cant wait tell I can run this POS over with my truck loaded up to 80k. Give me back my droid.... 3 times the icrap will ever be.
      You will be stuck with what steve says you can have or do tell some one comes out with with a jailbreak for a cdma phone, witch won't be any time soon. Not to mention dropped calls.

Comment

It will be the CDMA iPhone. That means no Data connection when making a call. It also means no LTE (4G) yet.

This is a Verizon event so there is no chance in hades that they will discuss the iPad 2.

I'm happy to see that Verizon now has the iPhone but I'm still holding off until the 4G version is released (probably in June or July)

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          It will be the CDMA iPhone. That means no Data connection when making a call. It also means no LTE (4G) yet.
          No LTE, no care. When are they going to have a phone that can use the service? I bet it's blazing fast for people that can use it right now.

Comment

maybe this will make att reduce their rates and possibly bring back unlimited data...i have it, but only because i'm grandfathered in. i have 3-iphones on my plan (mine, wife and daughter), and att doesn't seem near as family-friendly as some others. my aunt told me that she only pays for one unlimited data package (sprint) and shares it between everyone on the plan...i haven't checked, so i'm not too familiar with other plans, but att is pretty damned expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              No LTE, no care. When are they going to have a phone that can use the service? I bet it's blazing fast for people that can use it right now.
              Looks like summer this year, first phone is supposed to be the HTC Thunderbolt.

Comment

I don't use my phone that much as it is and I'm thinking about going over to Virgin Mobile and going with their $60 unlimited everything plan. I'm alright with them pulling off the Sprint network and it saving me $50-$60 a month.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                  Give it a few months til the next batch of good phones comes out. I'd hold out for the new Motorola Droid Bionic.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/01...-bionic-video/

Now that might be the ticket right there, first I've heard about it. Really if charles schwab had a droid app I wouldn't have much to complain about. Right now I've got the Droid 1, and have found that I never use the slide out keyboard so I'm wanting something that has a faster processor, no keyboard and smaller than the Droid X, and has to be on Verizon.

Comment

What about the Atrix?

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Verizon isn't going to announce the ipad 2 lol, apple won't let that! I think its the iPhone, I hope they do remove the browsing while talking restriction deal if they are releasing the iPhone that is.

Comment

I hope it makes the stock price jump...bought some of verizon today

Comment

What is LTE?

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                            What is LTE?
                            Definition: LTE (Long Term Evolution) is a wireless broadband technology designed to support roaming Internet access via cell phones and handheld devices. Because LTE offers significant improvements over older cellular communication standards, some refer to it as a 4G (fourth generation) technology along with WiMax.

With its architecture centered on Internet Protocol (IP), Long Term Evolution promises to have excellent support for browsing Web sites, VoIP and other IP-based services. LTE can theoretically support downloads at 300 Megabits per second (Mbps) or more based on experimental trials. However, the actual bandwidth available to an individual LTE subscriber will likely be significantly less.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
                              What is LTE?
                              Long-Term Evolution

Edit: beat me to it
                              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                                Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                                Looks like summer this year, first phone is supposed to be the HTC Thunderbolt.
                                Yea, that sounds about right. I'm betting the first LTE iPhone hits the streets this summer as either the 4Gs or 5G.

I see absolutely no reason to upgrade from my iPhone 3G (even as slow as it is) until they come out with an LTE phone. At that point I am going to give serious thought to the Android, Windows7, iOS, and even the PalmOS phones before I pull the trigger on my next device.

Comment

Working...
                                X