No announcement yet.

Mom lost her job of 27 years yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same thing to mine as well doing accounting still looking for a job after 8 months still no bites.

Comment

My old man retired from 30+ years at AT&T to go sell health and life insurance on the side for a few years. That got boring for him so he took a job at a local (St Augustine, FL) gun store for another few years and is now selling cars at a Chevy dealer. He made his career and his retirement money, now he just farts around and enjoys selling for the fun of it.

Hopefully she can find something.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Fuck you guys!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
          Fuck you guys!!! Lol
          lol!!!!

Comment

My Dad has been generally self employed for his whole life, but part of an investment group for the past 20-30 years. That group went belly-up, so now he's back to old school home construction, at the least what he can do at over 60 years old.

A lot of us could learn a lot from these older folks, they don't stop - ever and generally have no self pity.
            Last edited by ceyko; 03-16-2013, 04:30 AM.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Sorry to hear this.
              sigpic

Comment

Mom starts her new job today in Las Colinas. She was lucky enough to land a job doing what she's done all these years and she'll be making more money. At her age, in this market, that doesn't happen every day. Most people want someone younger who will do the job for half the salary. Thanks again to those who offered support.

Comment

Glad to hear it, Jimmy.

Comment

great news. BUFFALO STANCE!

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I was reading your thread from start and worry about the same for my wife as her company is always trying to play the outsourcing shit and it falls on its face every time.

I get to your post this morning and your mom's back on the job,it could be a blessing bro,congrats to your mom!
                      1990 Mustang CHP
                      1990 Mustang GT Hatch(sold '02)
                      1985 Mustang CHP (sold '02)
                      1984 Mustang 20 Anny 2.3L turbo (sold '04)
                      1984 Mustang 20 Anny 5.0L (sold '00)
                      1980 Mustang coupe 2.3L turbo (sold '94)

Comment

That's good news and glad it worked out for the better for her.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                          Mom starts her new job today in Las Colinas. She was lucky enough to land a job doing what she's done all these years and she'll be making more money. At her age, in this market, that doesn't happen every day. Most people want someone younger who will do the job for half the salary. Thanks again to those who offered support.
                          That's awesome!

Comment

That's awesome, Jimmy!
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

how about her "big brother" ex-boss? is he living on easy street?

Comment

Working...
                              X