Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JITB in 15 minutes

Well...close.

Just because you’re a step removed from the conversation on Twitter, that doesn’t necessarily mean your comments aren’t registering with the recipient. When that person is famous, it may be especially easy to imagine your comments get lost in the mix.

But British boxer Curtis Woodhouse has just set that record straight, driving more than fifty miles to make a personal visit to a persistent Twitter “troll” at his home.

“The master,” also known as @jimmyob88, apparently wrote a slew of tweets like this to the boxer:
    Boxer Curtis Woodhouse Visits Twitter Trolls House After Barrage of Tweets

@jimmyob88 appears to have deleted most of the incriminating tweets, but they still survive in screen shots. (Photo via the U.K. Guardian)

The U.K. Telegraph continues:

Woodhouse subsequently offered a bounty of £1,000 to anyone who could help him find the Sheffield-based culprit, who branded him a “complete disgrace” and a “laughable joke”.

Woodhouse initially replied with some trash-talk of his own before keeping his 18,000 Twitter followers updated during the day as he drove to South Yorkshire to “give him a right pasting”.

“Just on my way to Sheffield to have a little chat with an old friend, get the kettle on”, he wrote.

[...]

In a classic case of backtracking, the no doubt terrified Jimmyob88 tried to make amends.

“I am sorry it’s getting a bit out of hand,” he tweeted. “I am in the wrong. I accept that.”

@Jimmyob88 has since deleted the incriminating tweets, and apparently never let the boxer in his home.

“I won’t be doing that again,” he assured the U.K. Mirror.

But even though he didn’t make personal contact with the antagonist, Woodhouse seems to still feel a measure of victory.

“Its shocking that people think they can just say anything they like, ive had people mock my dead dad, enoughs enough,” he wrote on Twitter.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

lol. the yahoo article I read yesterday said the boxer even tweeted a picture of the guy's street sign to prove he was already there before the guy back peddled.

Comment

Sometimes, you shouldn't run your head if you don't plan on backing it up
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I thought this was going to be a funny or amusing story about getting your food at Jack in the Box in 15 minutes.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          I thought this was going to be a funny or amusing story about getting your food at Jack in the Box in 15 minutes.
          You're a newby so we wouldn't expect you to understand.

CC 2AM!
          2014 GT
          2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I wonder if he was going to jump on his ribcage until his asshole hung out like a doorknob...

Comment

Sounds like someone was going to get the armbar special.

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                You're a newby so we wouldn't expect you to understand.

CC 2AM!
                Hell settle for a #6 from whataburger instead
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

I always found the circuit city threats to be funnier than JITB ones.

Comment

I tend to behave on here, just like I do in RL. Part of that is because from little up I've been on-line via BBS, IRC...etc...etc and I've made friends, gotten jobs and so forth just from being online.

To me, there is no "online persona" - it makes no sense to me. Hell, the people who act dumb and then are asking for jobs seem crazy to me. I've said it before, people do not know how many doors are closing on them due to their online behavior.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Jay and silent bob were right!

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                        I always found the circuit city threats to be funnier than JITB ones.
                        I concur.

Comment

no car jousting? BOOOOO!

Comment

Working...
                          X