old satellite dishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old satellite dishes

What do you do with them or dispose them? I have an old dish from the previous owner of my house that the gutter guys took down. Is there somewhere to take them or do you throes them to the curb?

Red neck bird bath.

Comment

You can scrap them but don't expect much $

Comment

I've yet to figure that out myself. I've got 2 on the house from before I moved in and I can't stand them.

Comment

Sell them for scrap aluminum, or if you do not want to mess with it, craigslist it as free for pickup after you sit it by the curb.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I destroyed one with a bb gun a year or so back. Was fun.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Curb it tonight it will be gone by morning. There is a market for the as long as it is a complete dish, with the LBN still attached to it

Comment

For some reason I thought this was about one of the old, big satellite dishes from the 70's/80's.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
                  Curb it tonight it will be gone by morning. There is a market for the as long as it is a complete dish, with the LBN still attached to it
                  Is the lbn the thing that points at the dish? If so, its still in there.

Comment

I cook stir-fry in mine. It always tastes kind of funny for some reason.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    Red neck bird bath.
                    This would work too.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      Is the lbn the thing that points at the dish? If so, its still in there.
                      Yup sure does. People will buy it because, they can put a dish at another house and just buy a receiver and connect their sevice at another location.

That is what I did. One location at my parents house which is the billing address then hooked up a used dish and got another box there. So, pay one service with just additional boxes.

Comment

Bed pan.

Comment

I took mine down, then attached $20 worth of 1" square mirrors to it and with a little fab work made an adjustable pot holder. In direct sunlight in the summer it would make wood catch fire within 15 seconds. It was fun for a bit.
                          Annoying people, one post at a time!

Comment

They make great frisbees for the kids. Dogs don't care too much for them tho.

Comment

Sa te lliiiiiiite.

Comment

Working...
                              X