Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
    You're sure about that?
    I guess there is an assumption that he would be bringing the whole fish back, rather than having them cleaned and only bringing the meat back?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      I guess there is an assumption that he would be bringing the whole fish back, rather than having them cleaned and only bringing the meat back?
      Valid point. Wouldn't 50% yield be pretty low though (I have no idea) ?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Valid point. Wouldn't 50% yield be pretty low though (I have no idea) ?
        No clue on that one sir.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

No clue on that one sir.
          Well hell, I think it might be about 50% or a little less.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Fish need to be cleaned ASAP, and yield is about 50%.

All you get is the loins on both sides. The head, tail, spine and guts make up a good half the fish. Hell, the head on a tuna is huge.

Comment

No Pics?

Comment

Here's the best yellowfin caught on the trip. My 14 yoa was the trip winner with a 55 pounder.

Comment

We thought my oldest hooked a grouper, but it ended up being a huge red snapper. It took an almost whole bonito as bait.

Comment

One of my buddies caught this HUGE kingfish:

Oh, and if you think that fish isn't big, that guy holding it is 6'2" and 275 lbs.

Last edited by 03trubluGT; 03-16-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Nice fish. I always have a good time going out of Venice. Looks like they were out there for yall too. a few more days? Where are you guys staying?

Comment

Originally posted by kpc01 View Post
                        Nice fish. I always have a good time going out of Venice. Looks like they were out there for yall too. a few more days? Where are you guys staying?
                        The fishing was very disappointing, as we only got one nice yellowfin in two days of fishing.

We stayed at the Vince Marina. They are very spartan little cabins that sleep 6 for $150/night.

Comment

Seems like you and fishing have some issues yall need to work out.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            Seems like you and fishing have some issues yall need to work out.
                            It's an addiction. The best part was my boys thought it would be a good idea to shoot spit balls at the driver/copilot on the way back. My buddy pulled over at an exit, opened the rear hatch, and did a roadside extraction on my eldest who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.

They gave the boys one warning, and then when it didn't stop, the driver said "I'm gonna say something that you boys probably haven't heard in a while. You're not too big for me to pull over and whip your ass!". Well, the warning went unheeded, and the extraction ensued. When my eldest thought it would be a good idea to fight back after the extraction, he was put in a hold and they both rolled down the bar ditch. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              I20 to I49 or I45 to I10?

What's the better route?

If you like boudin, then you have got to stop off at Don's specialty meats and stock up. Some of the best boudin you will eat. CARENCRO is right off I49. Even the cooasses buy it.

Contact Us Locations Scott Location | Get Directions 730 1-10 S Frontage Rd,Scott, LA 70583Phone: 337-234-2528 Carencro Location | Get Directions 4120 NE Ev ...

Comment

Originally posted by 03trublugt View Post
                                it's an addiction. The best part was my boys thought it would be a good idea to shoot spit balls at the driver/copilot on the way back. My buddy pulled over at an exit, opened the rear hatch, and did a roadside extraction on my eldest who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips.

They gave the boys one warning, and then when it didn't stop, the driver said "i'm gonna say something that you boys probably haven't heard in a while. You're not too big for me to pull over and whip your ass!". Well, the warning went unheeded, and the extraction ensued. When my eldest thought it would be a good idea to fight back after the extraction, he was put in a hold and they both rolled down the bar ditch. Good times!
                                lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X