Seriously, talk me out of buy a Cooper Works Mini Cooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, talk me out of buy a Cooper Works Mini Cooper

So my wife and I were just joking about cars this morning and I said the next car I get is going to be a Mini. Well, she said "Cool, let's go test drive one." We did, Morritz Mini off Collins and 30. I came | THIS | close to buying a red 2009 Cooper Works Mini with 46k miles. They wanted a bit more than I was willing to agree to so I walked. ($23k)

PLEASE convince me there is something wrong with a well built, 200 hp turbo charged, 6 speed, with Brembo's at all corners, little car that is fun as hell to drive!!
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

I would buy and drive the fuck out if a mini, so I can't help with talking you out of it.

Comment

I seriously considered one before I bought the Yaris. They're fun as hell.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

They aren't known for reliability, and when they blow, it ain't cheap.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          Are we talking about the car or the wife?

Comment

I'd love to have one after watching the movie where Marky Mark drove one through a sewer system. Repairs though aren't going to be fun.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Lmao^^^^

They're fun as hell for a weekend, and then you'll wonder where your manhood went.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                This. After having to chase down parts for them on multiple occasions, no way in hell I would ever own one. Repair facilities cringe alike when they enter the parking lot.

Comment

I've wanted S/C one ever since see them tearing up the autox course back at BMWCCA events.

Always been a bit pricey for what amounts to a toy, and after a look under the hood the thought of working on one hurt my head. I'd probably pick up a Miata first.
                  1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                  1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                  2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Would buy a focus ST before mini...
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

They are notoriously pieces of crap. We tow a lot of them since Moritz has a Mini dealer in Arlington. I've towed all kinds too. Literally almost brand new to gently used to higher mileage. I can tell you most owners love them but complain of the reliability. I would never own one bc of how often we tow them. Stay away from them!
                      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
                      http://www.titantowing.net
                      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I would buy a truck that makes 575rwhp, gets 18mpg, and can pull order out of chaos
                        http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

$23k buys you a new GTI or Focus ST. I couldnt justify spending the same on a 4 year old Mini Cooper with almost 50k miles.

Comment

I had an 03 Cooper S (when they were still s/c) for about 2 years. I put a CAI and a magnaflow cat-back on it. It was a blast to drive until I had to have something bigger. Zero unscheduled repairs while I had it.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

I love Mini Coopers.

Comment

Working...
                              X