Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you find this to be accurate based on your SSN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you find this to be accurate based on your SSN?

It was 100% inaccurate based on mine.

I'm sorry, I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Phone posting FTL.
    Last edited by Tx Redneck; 01-07-2011, 08:34 PM.

It's not accurate in the slightest for mine. Was born is 1983.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
      It's not accurate in the slightest for mine. Was born is 1983.
      But did you receive a number right at birth?

Comment

i saw this at work but can't watch the vid. can someone give me the jist?

Comment

Not for me. For one, I'm not part of any social networking site. Not a single number is correct in relation to the first 3 of my birth place zip code. The next 2, where and when, not even close either. And the last four are pretty random to me.
          You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
            But did you receive a number right at birth?
            According to my mother she applied for it when she applied for my birth certificate.

Originally posted by Foxy90GT View Post
            i saw this at work but can't watch the vid. can someone give me the jist?
            The video explains that some SS numbers were not random in their generation. As in, the first 3 numbers correlate to where you were born, the 2nd group to a group identifier of some sort, and the third is a serial number that is supposed to be random but it states that a lot are sequential.

Comment

Mine is completely wrong, I have an area number for SC, but I was born in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                Mine is completely wrong, I have an area number for SC, but I was born in Japan.
                If it was Okinawa, it probably went through the SS office near Parris Island.

Comment

I recieved my SS card in 7th or 8th grade. This was before you would get them at birth like my kids did. The video certainly didnt apply to my card.

Comment

I thought it was common knowledge that SS numbers aren't randomly generated.
                    Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

My [step] brother and I were born in the same hospital three weeks apart (in 1980) and our SSNs are incredibly similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
                        According to my mother she applied for it when she applied for my birth certificate.

The video explains that some SS numbers were not random in their generation. As in, the first 3 numbers correlate to where you were born, the 2nd group to a group identifier of some sort, and the third is a serial number that is supposed to be random but it states that a lot are sequential.
                        ohh ok, i don't think mine fits that at all then

Comment

I don't think the first three digits are an area code or anything obvious like that, just a different three digit code reflective of your birthplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            If it was Okinawa, it probably went through the SS office near Parris Island.
                            Yokosuka. I'm a navy brat

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                            I don't think the first three digits are an area code or anything obvious like that, just a different three digit code reflective of your birthplace.
                            That's why I used area number, not area code. http://tinyurl.com/2wchb2j

Comment

Yokosuka. I'm a navy brat

That's why I used area number, not area code. http://tinyurl.com/2wchb2j

Comment

Working...
                              X