Kayakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
    That's the portion of the river I frequent and have never had a problem. Like I said though we are always cautious and I am certainly not saying that doesn't/ hasn't happened.

It's definitely an excellent fishery if you know how to fish clear water. It's swimming pool clear and sight fishing for trophy fish is one of the biggest rushes I've had in my fishing experiences. We use mostly artificials, I personally like small swim baits in the less clear/deeper water. Once you get to the real clear stuff you need to simplify your tackle; light line, minimal plastics etc. You can see the fish and they can certainly see you so no big noisy crank baits with a million hooks attached. If you know how to cast net and can locate some baitfish I recommend you do, but don't count on that.
    Very cool. I mostly fish with swim bait from Basspro, their brand. The minnows and shad work pretty well for me. I also kill it with a couple of my banjo minnows.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
      Very cool. I mostly fish with swim bait from Basspro, their brand. The minnows and shad work pretty well for me. I also kill it with a couple of my banjo minnows.

Never tried either of those brands but I also like shad and minnow patterns. Walmart used to carry a brand called magic minnows I think? And they were the best ones I've used but they stopped carrying them for some reason. Need to try and locate them on the net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
        Never tried either of those brands but I also like shad and minnow patterns. Walmart used to carry a brand called magic minnows I think? And they were the best ones I've used but they stopped carrying them for some reason. Need to try and locate them on the net.
        I've also had good luck with these.

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Well damn it. How about tentatively next Sat?
          40% chance of rain this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
            40% chance of rain this weekend.

Saw that yesterday, was holding out hope. LOL Well, we'll keep on updating until it looks clear. Weather has been awesome lately, freaking has to rain on the weekends.

Comment

• If it's in the 70's, I'll go out in the rain.

Comment

• Yeah, if it rains don't go, who'd wanna get wet while on a river...

Comment

• I'm really looking to get into this stuff. My buddy has a kayak he said I can borrow, and I'd be down for Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Saw that yesterday, was holding out hope. LOL Well, we'll keep on updating until it looks clear. Weather has been awesome lately, freaking has to rain on the weekends.
                    I should have rain gear you can use if interested. Will have to dig a little but shouldn't be too hard to find. Pants and hooded jacket. Otherwise, run to Target or WalMart and buy a cheap pair. That's where ours is from.

Comment

• Where are you guys thinking about going Saturday? Somewhere that rents (eg. the Backwoods spot in FTW) ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Where are you guys thinking about going Saturday? Somewhere that rents (eg. the Backwoods spot in FTW) ?

Yeah, the downtown Fort Worth location. Looking at the weather it's pretty much set to rain all weekend for the next two weekends. If it was a 10% chance and a couple of sprinkles I wouldn't care, but I'm not going to go out there to get drenched, especially on a first outing with no experience.

Comment

• Stripers are hitting topwaters on Texoma, so I'ma try to head out there this weekend. Catching a 9-10lb fish on a yak is a blast. Damn fish will pull you around the lake for a while before it gives up. Rain I don't mind because you get wet yaking anyway, it's the wind that concerns me. All of my yaks are self bailing so there's that too.

I realize it is on the other side of town but Kayak Instruction rents kayaks on the weekends at Paddle Point Part on Lake Ray Hubbard. They setup right on the water so you don't have to worry about carting the yak around. They have a great selection as well. Great way to "test the waters" with minimal effort. I have been fishing from kayaks since 2006 and have owned many different models. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.

Shameless plug: I have a Jackson Cuda 14 for sale for $875. PM if interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                            Stripers are hitting topwaters on Texoma, so I'ma try to head out there this weekend. Catching a 9-10lb fish on a yak is a blast. Damn fish will pull you around the lake for a while before it gives up. Rain I don't mind because you get wet yaking anyway, it's the wind that concerns me. All of my yaks are self bailing so there's that too.

I realize it is on the other side of town but Kayak Instruction rents kayaks on the weekends at Paddle Point Part on Lake Ray Hubbard. They setup right on the water so you don't have to worry about carting the yak around. They have a great selection as well. Great way to "test the waters" with minimal effort. I have been fishing from kayaks since 2006 and have owned many different models. Feel free to PM me with any questions as well.

Shameless plug: I have a Jackson Cuda 14 for sale for $875. PM if interested.
                            Sharks, snook, and reds are a blast in the yak.

Comment

• 4 deep in the yak, and we all got gats

Comment

• My schedule just changed, so I'll actually be at work tomorrow. I'm down for a weekday if anyone else is free.

Comment

Working...
                                X