No announcement yet.

Kayakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're wanting a really nice angler kayak, check out the Malibu Stealth 12 or 14. They both are built around an actual casting platform and have a built in live well.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Not ready to pay cash for one. I have a jeep to use but would rather hold out to buy until after I purchase a truck (~1-2 months). Until then if I can trade I will

The Malibu 12 or 14 is now at the top of my purchase list. Looks great at 1k new.

Comment

• It is a nice platform, but it is way slow and paddles like a barge IMO. Wide yak = stable, but also makes it a slow boat. I'd recommend a test paddle as it all comes down to your application and personal preference.

Comment

• Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
          It is a nice platform, but it is way slow and paddles like a barge IMO. Wide yak = stable, but also makes it a slow boat. I'd recommend a test paddle as it all comes down to your application and personal preference.
          That's exactly why I'm moving to a touring boat, I don't do enough fishing in my yak to warrant a dedicated angler type yak.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

• I'd recommend a Hurricane Phoenix 16 if you can deal with one that long. A lightweight FAST sit on top so you won't have to worry about bailing the water like you would on a sit inside. It will still allow you to fish, but has the speed of a touring yak. If you get a 16, you might want to look into a rudder. If not, check out the 14, still way fast and a can be a great fishing platform, just no standing.

Comment

• I almost bought a tarpon 120 with a small dent for 400 this morning at REI's garage sale. I realized I don't need/have time for another activity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                I almost bought a tarpon 120 with a small dent for 400 this morning at REI's garage sale. I realized I don't need/have time for another activity.
                Just saw this post and that is one HELL of a deal. Wilderness Systems doesn't even sell their blemished kayaks for that cheap.

Anyone that's looking for a yak...

Comment

• Me my dad and a couple friends did an extended trip out on the Pecos river in Southwest Texas in mid may, living out of the kayaks for a few days; finally got a report written up on it! Check it out if you guys want to read kayaking/camping/fishing story.

http://lonestarchronicles.com/boomerang-on-the-pecos/

Comment

• Hey guys, y'all want to do this group thing we were talking about this coming Saturday? High of 78 degrees, perfect weather. I've been itching to get out there but fuck roasting at 100 degrees. Now that I'm going to have something I can carry one with I want to start exploring kayaking and the area more. Jared, Greg, Craig, Matt?

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Hey guys, y'all want to do this group thing we were talking about this coming Saturday? High of 78 degrees, perfect weather. I've been itching to get out there but fuck roasting at 100 degrees. Now that I'm going to have something I can carry one with I want to start exploring kayaking and the area more. Jared, Greg, Craig, Matt?
                      I'd be down, especially if we do it early.

So I have never kayaked. Is it simple enough to do the first time without a lengthy tutorial? Hell, I've paddled canoes and John boats. This almost looks easier. Anyway, let's give it a shot.

Comment

Hey guys, y'all want to do this group thing we were talking about this coming Saturday? High of 78 degrees, perfect weather. I've been itching to get out there but fuck roasting at 100 degrees. Now that I'm going to have something I can carry one with I want to start exploring kayaking and the area more. Jared, Greg, Craig, Matt?
                        I'm between boats right now but I'd be down to rent one and take off for a couple hours. You have a couple options right now, Backwoods Kayak & Canoe rentals over in Ft. Worth or Trinity River Kayak Co. over in Carrollton. I've not been out to Backwoods and can't speak for them but I have been out with TRKC and have had great experience. I'm actually a few miles from their put in areas and know that portion of the river very well. From looking at it and reading about Backwoods, it's more open with less shade, so even though it'll be cooler, don't forget your sunscreen.

Here's their rental page.

Here's the rental info from TRKC

Comment

• I've never done it either, but I'm looking to pick one up ASAP once the 4x4 is in my driveway. I know it'll be fun. I skimmed this thread again but didn't see anything, but do kayaks need to have any type of dumbass registration like a boat, or can you just slap them in the water and go to town?

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            I'm between boats right now but I'd be down to rent one and take off for a couple hours. You have a couple options right now, Backwoods Kayak & Canoe rentals over in Ft. Worth or Trinity River Kayak Co. over in Carrollton. I've not been out to Backwoods and can't speak for them but I have been out with TRKC and have had great experience. I'm actually a few miles from their put in areas and know that portion of the river very well. From looking at it and reading about Backwoods, it's more open with less shade, so even though it'll be cooler, don't forget your sunscreen.

Here's their rental page.

Here's the rental info from TRKC
                            http://www.trinityriverkayak.com/trkc-adventures/

I would want to do the one in DT Fort Worth. That's the one I've been excited about.

Comment

I've never done it either, but I'm looking to pick one up ASAP once the 4x4 is in my driveway. I know it'll be fun. I skimmed this thread again but didn't see anything, but do kayaks need to have any type of dumbass registration like a boat, or can you just slap them in the water and go to town?
                              Nope, just put it in the water and go to town. Let me know if you have any questions about yaks or if you want to go check them out. I can't recommend Mariner Sails enough when it comes to checking them out and getting good info without feeling pressured to buy one.

Comment

• Mariner Sails is a great place, I definitely vouch for them. You dont need registration but you do need a life vest within reach and a whistle. If you are on the water before dawn or after dusk you need a 360 light

Comment

Working...
                                X