Kayakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayakers?

Do any of you do any kayaking? I'm looking to pick up a kayak to get back into the sport and need some suggestions of where to pick on up locally. Cabelas, Basspro, and REI are limited in the brands they carry with REI having the better selection.

On a side note, after doing a little research, I found what looks to be a new company based out of Coppell called Trinity River Kayak Co. They offer different kayak "trips" in the DFW area. I had no clue we had that much water around here to kayak.

Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

There is a cat here in Rowlett that rents them out and sells boats. I dont know what his new boat prices are but he might be worth a call. I have rented from him in the past they had some nice Jackson rigs.

Just step it up and order a Slayer

Comment

We bought a couple last summer at bass pro. We use them for fishing out at grapevine.
      ./ ____ _ _\.
      (]]]_ o _[[[)
      \o_FORD_o/
      |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

I've been thinking about a kayak for awhile now. The Rush package is right near me. Didn't know that. I don't really know much about them though (ie: what separates a good one from a bad one, pricing, etc...).
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          I've been thinking about a kayak for awhile now. The Rush package is right near me. Didn't know that. I don't really know much about them though (ie: what separates a good one from a bad one, pricing, etc...).
          The longer ones are more stable, better for cruising along and fishing. The shorter ones are for white water. I have some milk crates and a small cooler im going to rig up on mine for fishin when i get a chance. There are some cool vids on youtube as far a customizing.
          ./ ____ _ _\.
          (]]]_ o _[[[)
          \o_FORD_o/
          |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

If you want to try out some different ones Backwoods rents kayaks in Fort Worth. During the spring / summer / fall they have a place at Panther Pavilion (north of downtown ftw) and you can kayak the Trinity all day long for cheap.

I'm guessing you want more open water type kayaking... not whitewater stuff, right?

Last edited by Strychnine; 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              If you want to try out some different ones Backwoods rents kayaks in Fort Worth. During the spring / summer / fall they have a place at Panther Pavilion (north of downtown ftw) and you can kayak the Trinity all day long for cheap.

I'm guessing you want more open water type kayaking... not whitewater stuff, right?
              I'll check them out. Yeah I'm looking for more of a recreational open water type of kayak. I've canoed parts of every major river here in Texas there's really nothing around here that an open water kayak wouldn't handle. If we had some whitewater that was within a 6-8 drive I'd probably be a little more interested in a whitewater setup.

Right now I can't decide if I want a sit in or sit on top.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I've been wanting to try it out for a while, and was even oogling them at Bass Pro over the weekend. I just worry that I would pony up the cash for one (or two if Leah wanted) and then never actually use them.

I may try out one of the rentals at some point.

Comment

Do you plan on fishing from it?

Comment

I'm up for the downtown Fort Worth deal if anyone wants to gtg.

Comment

I have that kayak. I'd recommend it for any open water and very light rapids stuff.

Also:

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                        Not really. I'm planning on picking up a separate angler kayak and pimping it out. So far I've found a couple of kayaks from Ocean and Malibu that I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          I'm up for the downtown Fort Worth deal if anyone wants to gtg.
                          I'm game.

Is Backwoods more of kayaking around a small lake or do they have a put in and take out spot?
                          Last edited by motoman; 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                            The Torque by Ocean kayak is a pretty badass little angler setup. I'm sure that little trolling motor makes puttering around the lake or calm water areas pretty easy.

Comment

I kayak fish with a sit on top kayak; an Ocean Kayak, Scrambler XT. It's a great all around yak, and pretty affordable!

Comment

Working...
                              X