Where would you go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you go?

I have 7 days in April (13-19) to get lost somewhere leaving from Dubai. I will be by myself, no wife or family. Where would you go? The wife said that Thailand is off the table. Now before you question my manhood for letting my wife make such a stand; step back and look at the trouble an argument would cause.

So 7 days (6 nights) anywhere from Dubai. Take into consideration travel time. There is no sense in flying to Australia for 16hrs and $1600.

I have thought about just staying at a nice resort in Dubai with a budget of $2,000 so keep that in mind as a budget for airfare and hotels. I can fly to Manila for $860 round trip and it is actually a short 8hr direct flight. That would leave me way more than I would need for a hotel.

Not much of a scuba person but only because I have never done it, snorkled plenty though.

I have even considered Vietnam like Hoi Ann or Ho Chi Men (SP?)
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

netherlands is the first place i would visit on that side of the world

Comment

Greece, Italy, or Israel in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
        netherlands is the first place i would visit on that side of the world
        Amsterdam from Dubai with hotel looks like around $1,800-$3,000 so within my budget.

Truth is I will be coming off of a short 7 days in the States and I just don't want to go back to work right after that. I have 16 days approved for leave so I want to relax somewhere but still try and save some money since it will be just me.

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
        Greece, Italy, or Israel in that order.
        Italy is out since the wife wants to go there and I wouldn't want to go again without her. I have been twice already.

As much as I would love to go to Israel, it would be kind of a pain in the ass from Dubai. Lots of hoops to jump through because the Emirates won't let you fly there direct. Damn Jew haters. God forbid you have a Israeli stamp in your passport. They won't even let you into Dubai if they see it, and they look at all your pages when you come and go.

But Greece does look like fun. Airfare and 6 nights into Athens at a beach front resort = $1,200 that is Thailand money. Wonder what kind of trouble they have there.

Comment

Go kick it with DOHCTR in Australia (not kidding). Just fly into Perth and chill on the beach, and tell his bitch ass to meet you there.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

fuck getting a hotel room and all that jazz.. backpack and stay at hostels. since it's just you you'll be fine and since you have been in the service i know you can live out of a seabag/rucksack or whatever you guys call your big bags haha. i have been doing some light research and if you can "rough it" by staying at hostels you can save a lot of $$

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              Go kick it with DOHCTR in Australia (not kidding). Just fly into Perth and chill on the beach, and tell his bitch ass to meet you there.
              Has college unlearned you how to read, motherfucker?!

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                I thought about Australia and Alex. I need to look into Perth.

This is a "I can't stay at home longer than 7 days and I don't want to go back to work just yet but still don't want to spend a whole lot" hence Phuket Thailand looked so appealing.

Sucks that I only have 7 days in the US left until October. Gonna be a long year. 60 days till R&R and I have already been back from my last one 60 days. Mind you that all but the above mentioned 7 will be spent working with NO days off unless I hangout somewhere on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                  fuck getting a hotel room and all that jazz.. backpack and stay at hostels. since it's just you you'll be fine and since you have been in the service i know you can live out of a seabag/rucksack or whatever you guys call your big bags haha. i have been doing some light research and if you can "rough it" by staying at hostels you can save a lot of $$
                  I live out of a small rucksack backpag so that is easy to do. 9 pairs of socks, 9 pairs of underware and 2 shirts fits real well. lol

Amsterdam looks fun but there will be no recreational drugs since I am the one that writes the reports when one of our knuckleheads fail their UAs when they get back. Now, Red Light district, I can not say what I would/wouldn't do after a few drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Has college unlearned you how to read, motherfucker?!
                    Perth is 2400ish miles closer than Sidney. That ought to cut about 6 hours of flight time out, but all the same: fuck you.

EDIT: Looks like the flights are about a grand, Keith.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

You go to Perth and I will hook up with you there for sure. Other than that I would highly suggest Japan.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        You go to Perth and I will hook up with you there for sure. Other than that I would highly suggest Japan.
                        I knew it!

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          I am checking flights to Perth right now. Would be April 13/14 till the 18/19 depending on flights.

Japan? Well I do have a little yellow fever.

Comment

Japan is one hell of an interesting place and I would recommend it to anyone. Perth is supposed to be pretty cool though.
                            Originally posted by lincolnboy
                            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

we are all araid to say..
                              i ccould talk
                              and guys will bounce on my family

Comment

Working...
                              X