No announcement yet.

Job options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me ask this- has the law that requires healthcare contributions to be calculated as taxable income been implemented yet? I thought it was supposed to start the beginning of this year. If it hasn't, the healthcare and 401k contributions not being taxed might make a bit of difference depending on your specific current tax/dependent situation. I don't really know enough shit about it though.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
      I already have a truck i use but with option 1 I dont have to pay for gas or any maintenance on the vehicle, my current truck is decent but i have already had to replace the Tranny once, and it only gets 250 miles per tank of gas
      How many miles per month would you be driving? What mpg is your truck now?
      Have you priced private health insurance for your family?

1600/m extra, based on a 40hr workweek may or may not be worth it.

That's 1200 after tax - cost of health ins- cost of gas and maintenance of your truck - any potential 401k match + deduction for any healthcare costs over 7% of income + mileage for using your truck @ 56.5 cents/mile = your answer.

Comment

Honestly i never even looked at the 401k plan since that was the least of my worries
        Probably not a wise move....

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
          How many miles per month would you be driving? What mpg is your truck now?
          Have you priced private health insurance for your family?

1600/m extra, based on a 40hr workweek may or may not be worth it.

That's 1200 after tax - cost of health ins- cost of gas and maintenance of your truck - any potential 401k match + deduction for any healthcare costs over 7% of income + mileage for using your truck @ 56.5 cents/mile = your answer.
          see thats the thing, i dont ever know how many miles i will be driving, there have been days where i drive 400 plus miles a day and there are days where i might get 10 miles, i have not priced health insurance for my family, my wife currently has her and our little man on hers and she pays $250 a check 2 times a month.

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Also, what are the details on the company supplemented insurance? Decent deductible, copays, ect?

Comment

no deductable, just copays, they pay for everything else 100%

Comment

i was also told that they give u up to 9k a year for school

Comment

there are also yearly bonuses and raises depending on the hrs you work

Comment

Lmk which one you do not take so I can apply there

Comment

Also on the extra 10 an hour, get the full benfits package up front before you decide. I once thought I was getting a 15K raise if I took a job somewhere. However, for family medical/etc it was like 1200 a month compared to sub 200 where I am now. Plus less 401k..etc...etc. So in the end I was going to lose money.

Those benefits make a big diff when you have a family.
                      Originally posted by MR EDD
                      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

No, with the $10 extra I'm a contractor, so just the basic benefits, i think I pay like $14 a check for just the basic benefits

Comment

Should be an easy decision for you. Here is all you have to consider:

$10 an hour equals about $20,800 a year. Does the truck, 401k, insurance, etc total more than that in value, or less.

YW.

Comment

Need more information.

What color is the truck? Does it have side airbags?

Comment

No, with the $10 extra I'm a contractor, so just the basic benefits, i think I pay like $14 a check for just the basic benefits
                              Contractor as in 1099 employee? If so I would be surprised if you get ANY insurance through them.

I pay almost $600 a month for my portion of my medical benefits and that is a pretty good deal for my coverage. The company pays even more for their portion. If you have to obtain your own insurance you will be paying more that $1k a month for a family, for decent coverage anyways..

Comment

Not a 1099 contractor, my company offers me insurance thru united healthcare for $14 a check, and i dont have to pay a co-pay when i go to the Dr

Comment

Working...
                                X