colliction agency issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colliction agency issue

i moved out of an apartment complex back in june of 2011. around the end of july i received a final bill of 158.xx. not a big deal, about a week later i paid it to the complex with a money order.

fast forward to now. i check my credit and i have a ding from them stating i never paid. i have my money order receipt and signed copy from the employee of the complex i turned it into. i have been fighting this for the last 5 weeks and im sick of it to the point i almost wanna pay it again just to make it go away. i'm supposed to move again at the end of feb and im afraid this may cause an issue.

any insight to what best course of action is?
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

You paid them once and now you think if you pay them again those idiots will do something about it?
    Dispute it on your credit, and move along.
    Rich

Comment

Do NOT pay it again, are you crazy? Dispute it with the credit agencies. At this point it isn't something that you're going to get fixed over night.

Comment

x3 on do not pay again. x3 on disputing with the credit agency. have you gone to the apt. complex and ask the manager WTF?
        sigpic

Comment

Dispute it. You have documentation (fortunately) and the credit bureaus will remove it.

If you pay it again, it will show as a paid discrepancy on your credit and further continue to keep your score lower than it should be.

/end thread

Comment

Working...
          X