Good divorce attorney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good divorce attorney ?

Any guys out there been through this before that has a good attorney? Maybe one that could do a free or cheap consultation?

Do you have any kids or property between y'all?

Comment

Bcoop

Comment

Where do you live ?
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

we have a house that we built about 12 years ago, 2 kids. Not much else outside of thats paid for. We originally were going to try and cooperate and agree and do it without lawyers, but thats not working out. I just got a new job, making more money (start next mnth) and she thinks now she deserves so much more.
          Well our plan was to let her keep the house and live in it (but split equity when/if she ever sold it), and will do a 50/50 joint custody and ill still pay her some support along with health insurance and continue paying my daughters private school tuition. i thought that was more than fair, but she doesnt seem to think so all a sudden now i got this new job.

im not sure of laws and just wanted to talk to someone. i was under impression (via google) that alot of joint custodys in texas, person who makes more doesnt pay the other anything since time is split 50/50 with the kids. And in cases where there is custody, it is 25% of the difference in salary, then subtract the insurance benefits and stuff.

if thats all true, im offering her a much better deal than what she would be awarded, i just want to verify this is all true.

Comment

Yeah are kids involved, is the divorce being contested, are you guys able to work something out, do you have bad stuff on your record that could be sued against you.. all this comes into play. Also don't post up any details that could hurt you. Here or anywhere else.
            WRX

Comment

Don't have any advice for your particular situation since I didn't have those problems, but best of luck. As much as divorce sucks you'd think it would be less common.

Comment

The best dont come cheap - Kevin Fuller

Comment

Mansfield

Comment

Ulis Whitecotton 2760 Airport Freeway Fort Worth, TX 76102 (817) 831-4481 . He is not free but he is good at getting Dads what they want . I am golden thanks to him .
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

I'll say my prepaid lawyer service has paid for itself the last 4 years. You may want to look into one of those as well.
                      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Bcoop
                        I just play one on TV.

25% of your income and you're going to have to cover health care. Even with 50/50, this is what she's entitled to. You or your lawyer will have to get her to agree to anything less than that. Good luck getting a judge to rule on anything other than that, if she won't agree.

And no, it's not 25% of a difference in salary. It's 25% of your gross income. Her income doesn't matter.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                          I'll say my prepaid lawyer service has paid for itself the last 4 years. You may want to look into one of those as well.
                          uhh....... lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            I just play one on TV.

25% of your income and you're going to have to cover health care. Even with 50/50, this is what she's entitled to. You or your lawyer will have to get her to agree to anything less than that. Good luck getting a judge to rule on anything other than that, if she won't agree.

And no, it's not 25% of a difference in salary. It's 25% of your gross income. Her income doesn't matter.
                            Fuck me.... So you have to give up 25% of gross, even post tax - meaning if you make $100k/yr, you have to give her $25k cash, meaning, $32.5k of gross?

<-- staying (happily) married.

Comment

Why are you getting divorced?

Comment

Working...
                              X