Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyonce lipsyncs National Anthem for Barry...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyonce lipsyncs National Anthem for Barry...

LOL. Brothas and sistas always lookin' for the shortcut...

1 hour ago
    U.S. Marine Band: Beyoncé 'did not actually sing' during inaugural
    Posted by
    CNN National Political Correspondent Jim Acosta
    Washington (CNN) – Pop star Beyoncé opted to use a "pre-recording" of her rendition of the National Anthem during inaugural ceremonies in Washington Monday, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Marine Band tells CNN.

"We don't know why the decision was made," U.S. Marine Band spokeswoman Kristen DuBois said. "She did not actually sing," DuBois added, noting Beyoncé lip-synched her own voice.

DuBois said Beyoncé "pre-recorded" the song the evening before Inauguration Day, after rehearsing with the U.S. Marine Band.

According to the band's spokeswoman, such pre-recordings are "not unusual."

Recording musical performances prior to inauguration ceremonies are a necessity in case something should go awry, says DuBois.

"You can't have an inaugural without the National Anthem."

CNN has reached out to Beyoncé's representatives for comment.

American cellist Yo-Yo Ma was forced to use a pre-recording during President Obama's first Inaugural four years ago, due to frigid temperatures.

"We all know Beyoncé can sing and the Marine Band can play," DuBois said. "I've been with the band 14 years. It's not unusual," DuBois added.

Many inauguration viewers may have also noticed Beyoncé pulled her ear piece out during her performance. But DuBois did not have an explanation as to why the pop star removed the ear piece.

The Times of London first reported the story.

Kind of hard to carry a tune after the King had frosted her throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Kind of hard to carry a tune after the King had frosted her throat.
      Fucking lol

Comment

A pop-star lip-synced you say?
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Fuck that no talent ass bitch and her thug husband. They be besties with the Prez!

Comment

I'd still poke her with my rod!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Fuck that no talent ass bitch and her thug husband. They be besties with the Prez!
              She has talent, just wished I knew more intimately... (giggity)

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                She has talent, just wished I knew more intimately... (giggity)
                High 5! We could reverse oreo her.

Comment

Who sang for bush? What celebrities showed up? Bet he didn't have near the bash bammy has.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger View Post
                    Who sang for bush? What celebrities showed up? Bet he didn't have near the bash bammy has.
                    The Oak Ridge Boys?

Hell no, Bush didn't favor the hind tit suckers like Obama does...

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                      LOL. Brothas and sistas always lookin' for the shortcut...

Comment

"While the majority of the Inauguration was performed by choirs and military members, President George W. Bush held a star-studded Inauguration Concert, with artists ranging from Ricky Martin to Jessica Simpson to 98 Degrees (as requested by his daughter)."

Comment

without the recording booth they suck ass

Comment

I always thought Kelly Rowland was hotter than Beyonce anyway. I remember seeing Beyonce on American Idol a couple years ago and it was obvious that she was lip synching to a song on that show as well.
                            sigpic

Comment

What's funny about that is all news agencies this and last inauguration were as giddy as school girls. During Bush's last inauguration all they could do is bitch, whine and complain on how "lavish" it was during such an economic crisis. No, news is not slanted in the slightest...

Comment

Working...
                              X