Stock Question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock Question....

I don’t know exactly how to ask this so hopefully you gurus can read between the lines

Our family has an offer on the table with NTYEX Petroleum, LLC (“NYTEX”) that would include a substance amount of money in stocks. They have it valued and an appt has been made with the attorneys but just out of curiosity, how do you know if they are really worth the investment?

I’m too slow for the fast cars and too fast for the slow cars.

fuck stocks, get the cash

Comment

I assume this is a private company, correct?
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

The info I found, looks like they have 4 employees and have been in business for 2 years? At 12222 Merit Dr.?

Comment

PM me your or KC's number and I can walk you through the basics of what's going on. Private companies typically have hired a valuation firm to perform their valuation. The valuation firm will typically perform a DCF analysis, market method (based on similar companies and similar deals that have recently closed) and do some sort of weighted average. This all depends on the stage of the business, its asset base...valuation could be liquidation, sum of the parts, etc. With private companies, you have to take an illiquidity and control premium into the DCF value, via a higher WACC (discount rate). Too much to type out here, but if you really want to know I can walk you through the basics in the next few minutes.
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
            The info I found, looks like they have 4 employees and have been in business for 2 years? At 12222 Merit Dr.?
            I believe so and I guess it is private, at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              fuck stocks, get the cash
              That too! lol

Comment

Thank you Jody!!! I really appreciate the advice and breakdown

Comment

Originally posted by halo/horns View Post
                  Thank you Jody!!! I really appreciate the advice and breakdown
                  Not a problem; best of luck with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    Not a problem; best of luck with everything.
                    Didn't you say this was a bad thing?

"XX Lands No. 1 Well from Mobil Oil and in the acquisition of Texaco’s operated interest in the Bax Fox and Fox Fields in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana."

I'm in way over my head! You must get paid the big bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by halo/horns View Post
                      Didn't you say this was a bad thing?

"XX Lands No. 1 Well from Mobil Oil and in the acquisition of Texaco’s operated interest in the Bax Fox and Fox Fields in Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana."

I'm in way over my head! You must get paid the big bucks!
                      No, I mentioned that a factor to look for on a valuation report they give you is the set of companies they're using for comparables. A large, public company like Texaco (I just threw out Apache, Exxon, and Texaco b/c they're large energy companies) is NOT an accurate comp to use for a small, private energy company unless they apply a significant discount for illiquidity, control, access to public markets, life cycle, size, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X