Unemployment /Tax Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment /Tax Question

Asking for my friend....He has been on Unemployment for the last year...he finally started working a week ago...however we were discussing this over lunch regarding his income tax. He is a single father of 2. Will he be able to file his income tax like he normally would? Does anyone know if he would still be entitled to recevie money back? He would normally get an average of $1200 tax return when he was working. Any help will be appricated.

TIA!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

I've never received unemployment, but I'm sure he still has to file. I would expect the state to send some sort of statement out the end of the year showing benefits received and taxes paid, much like a W2.

Comment

Thanks UserX
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

He will have an adjusted income based on all of the unemployment money he received. In short, he won't be getting $1200 back....

Comment

A Friend told me that your Friend will have to file. Don't expect a refund.

Comment

They can hold taxes out of unemployment, but if he opted not to have them withheld, he will be paying something back most likely, unless he gets enough deductions (with 2 kids he probably will).

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
              A Friend told me that your Friend will have to file. Don't expect a refund.
              This is a lie. You don't have any friends.
              95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Thank you DFWM peeps! I know I could get some help here!

Comment

Ah, bum deal. For 2010, the first $2,400 of unemployment benefits you receive is no longer tax-free.

Comment

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
                    This is a lie. You don't have any friends.
                    Did I say "friend" ? I meant "fiend"

Comment

Working...
                    X