I HATE the flippin' USPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I HATE the flippin' USPS

I was forced to use the USPS this week to ship a piece of jewelry, news to me, but FedEx and UPS will not insure jewelry shipments over $1,000. USPS will insure up to $25K.

So against my better judegment, I send it on Tuesday, supposed to be delivered today, and their stupid tracking system just shows that the package was accepted at the post office, and shows no indication it has even left.

I called their "customer support" and they said they won't be concerned with looking into it until after 5 business days have passed. Fuck!

I mean what's the point of even having a "tracking" system if it doesn't tell you jack shit?

/rant

Dude, you're wasting your time talking on the phone. You need to go to the post office and talk to the people behind the counter. They are always friendly and helpful. Don't mind not understanding what they are saying or the slow wait, or the slow moving heffer you're speaking to.

Comment

I had at least one rant on the old site about the USPS - it didn't help the package get there any faster, but it made me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        I was forced to use the USPS this week to ship a piece of jewelry, news to me, but FedEx and UPS will not insure jewelry shipments over $1,000. USPS will insure up to $25K.

So against my better judegment, I send it on Tuesday, supposed to be delivered today, and their stupid tracking system just shows that the package was accepted at the post office, and shows no indication it has even left.

I called their "customer support" and they said they won't be concerned with looking into it until after 5 business days have passed. Fuck!

I mean what's the point of even having a "tracking" system if it doesn't tell you jack shit?

/rant
        Their delivery confirmation number for a package I received this morning didn't show any updates until after I picked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          Dude, you're wasting your time talking on the phone. You need to go to the post office and talk to the people behind the counter. They are always friendly and helpful. Don't mind not understanding what they are saying or the slow wait, or the slow moving heffer you're speaking to.
          Man, you made me laugh so hard I shart myself and blew snot onto my keyboard. Thank you, you made my day even though I have to go home and change my pants. That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
          I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

The only thing I like about USPS is the flat rate costs, but I do hate receiving packages from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Blame Canada View Post
              Man, you made me laugh so hard I shart myself and blew snot onto my keyboard. Thank you, you made my day even though I have to go home and change my pants. That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.
              I was typing a reply about how I always have horrible experiences, then I read the rest of his post and canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                I'll give them that the ones I've dealt with have always been friendly, but it's a 50/50 split for helpful and worthless.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by That_Is_My_El_Camino View Post
                  I'll give them that the ones I've dealt with have always been friendly, but it's a 50/50 split for helpful and worthless.
                  It's possible to be both helpful and worthless, and that's about the best you can hope for with the postal service.

Comment

I ordered something on December 19th, Newegg shipped it USPS, it made it to my place yesterday.
                    It made it to Coppell two weeks ago, then for some reason, it was shipped to California, then back to Coppell.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      I ordered something on December 19th, Newegg shipped it USPS, it made it to my place yesterday.
                      It made it to Coppell two weeks ago, then for some reason, it was shipped to California, then back to Coppell.
                      Was it parcel post or priority? I've seen this with their shipments too.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        Probably trying to save time by scanning some stuff before the truck got unloaded, then neglected to actually unload it. Then it just rode back to where it came from. Used to have that happen at BAX sometimes.

Comment

Parcel.
                          I'm ok with it though, once i saw it hit california, i filed a claim with Newegg. I got the product refunded, and it's sitting on my table now.
                          sigpic

Comment

I am on hold and chat with the fuckers right now!!!!!!!
                            FUCK MY LIFE!!!

Comment

Per their website, they placed my new Battlecomp 1.0 in my mailbox just a few moments ago. Never really had a problem with the USPS and service failures.

Comment

Working...
                              X