No announcement yet.

Outlive my younger days or let it be??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sounds like your wife really doesn't want you to play, just doesn't want to tell you what to do. At your age, I prob wouldn't, but to each is own. X2 on golf instead, what other pro sport can you preform while drinking beer and driving around lol.
    -Blaine

Comment

It'll suck ass trying to climb in and out of a tool truck all day with a blown-out knee.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        It'll suck ass trying to climb in and out of a tool truck all day with a blown-out knee.
        That is a fact and probably one of my biggest worries as far as injuries go. Anything that makes it difficult or impossible to walk really hampers what I can do for work.

Now having said that I did go out last night and gave it a go. I can say this much you can tell my arm is out of shape. I have not thrown that many passes in 12 years. They did tell me to keep coming back. However, I'm still not sold on the idea. At least for this year.

They occasionally schedule practices on the weekend like they are doing this weekend. Problem with that is being in the Air Force reserve and having to work this weekend that keeps me from being able to go to practice. So since I'm kind of coming in at the middle of the off season practices I already feel like I'm behind the power curve. Now with them having a weekend practice I'm just missing that much more. So now I'm really starting to think I should just give it up or at best wait until next year and start from the word go instead of coming in mid way.

Comment

Move on. You don't heal as fast.

Comment

Do what makes you happy. Hell with the family, Obama will take care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
              I have seen guys that are pushing 40 that still contribute to a team. It all depends on the person.
              If you knew how old I was, you would have just laughed at that comment and moved on. (I'm an old fucker compared to him.)

Comment

I agree about listening to your wife and also being there for family. Semi pro gets you nowhere. I'm 24 and still ignored opportunities because there are gonna be loads of dumbasses trying to hot shot it an make it into the pros. Those dumbasses are where injuries come from. You're old enough to recover slow. Put that effort into your kids sports or expanding your business/career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  I agree about listening to your wife and also being there for family. .

hmmmm... So when is the ring coming and little Sean?
                  www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

At our age, with a family you have to let somethings slide. I mean, maybe play a game or two to help but you should not put that burden on your wife or risk the lack of income. Sort of like getting arrested, we can't afford it because other people rely on us.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      There's only one little Sean...and if you really want to see him Joey...well that's gonna cost ya.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                        There's only one little Sean...and if you really want to see him Joey...well that's gonna cost ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Does he have red hair?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Does he have red hair?
                            Ahahahaha nope...it's black and scratched looking. Nappy if you will

Comment

Working...
                            X