Outlive my younger days or let it be??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
    i think it was 3 years ago.. you must be thinking of a different team cause we never won anything lol
    I'm talking about Hunt County.

Comment

I'm sure the Snap-on vendor would love your territory.

Comment

I don't fault you for wanting to do something you've always dreamed of. The down side starts to come into play when you see how many negative impacts it will place on your family. If this were for a more beneficial cause, then the temporary impact the family faces would be worth it in the long run, but once this is over for you, it's just over. There's no retirement or benefits you pull from this except the one benefit of self satisfaction you'll get by playing football again.

If this were to be a hobby, and not a replacement for what WAS earning the household some income, that'd be different. You, however, aren't in that situation. You have to pick one or the other. Family, or football.
        Originally posted by Vertnut
        I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Not worth it, take up golf. I've known several people that tried to "relive their youth" with motocross, then they had surgery to repair the damage of being old and acting young lol.
          Dr. Dave? Lol.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

You'll shoot your eye out kid.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
              Dr. Dave? Lol.
              I don't know Dr. Dave, but yea I guess he did break his knee or something like that. LOL

Comment

The BeatlesFurthermore, let's watch a response video. ;) ↓

Comment

How much you wanna bet i can throw a football over them mountains!!
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    How much you wanna bet i can throw a football over them mountains!!
                    If coach woulda put me in, we'da gone to state. I'd be playin pro now.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

you're too old.

Comment

fuck it just find a pick up game

Comment

First of all, congrats on having that opportunity. Second of all, your family comes first. If you REALLY want to do it, try it. You have your own business so you can back out of football at anytime without worrying about losing your job. Lastly, have you thought about being on a pro practice squad? What is your position? It might be hard keeping up with some of the younger guys on a "skilled" position, but if you're a lineman or linebacker or something, you might be able to compete. Good luck with whatever your decision is. Remember that guys never grow up. Yes, we mature in ways, but we always have that "what if" mentality. We're logical, but we're also dreamers. Women are more down to earth and live in a "box." If nobody had a dream or a desire to live a dream, imagine where we'd be. Complacency is a social cancer of mankind. Do everything you can to live your dream because even if you fail, you did something most people never did.................try.
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                            you're too old.
                            You're a drunk that does nothing on this board but reminisce on the shitty things about his life. I'm not trying to bash you man because being an EMT is serious work and you've undoubtedly saved lives. However, lately you have a VERY negative outlook on life itself. Don't spread that negativity to others.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                              You're a drunk that does nothing on this board but reminisce on the shitty things about his life. I'm not trying to bash you man because being an EMT is serious work and you've undoubtedly saved lives. However, lately you have a VERY negative outlook on life itself. Don't spread that negativity to others.
                              I'm sober at the moment and was just essentially making a joke based on previous remarks. And I was a National Registered Paramedic, not an EMT. Take a look at the tags.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
                                I'm sober at the moment and was just essentially making a joke based on previous remarks. And I was a National Registered Paramedic, not an EMT. Take a look at the tags.
                                Look at my other post in MILKS thread. Didn't mean to judge. Just going off of what you posted for a while.

Thanks again for all you've done. Fuck tags. They're a joke. This guy is being serious.

Comment

Working...
                                X