Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 3 dogs have shown up on my porch recently...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So 3 dogs have shown up on my porch recently...

I'm in between Alvarado and Mansfield and my wife just found the Dashounds and the mutt we found a couple of weeks ago but our boxer doesn't really like him.

QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

People are such loser assholes to dump their animals. Good luck in finding them homes...
    www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Yeah tell me about it. Have been here 2-3 months and this makes 5 dogs we've had dumped and that's just what ended up on our porch. We live at the end of a street that has a cul-de-sac and another street that has one and we are out in a rural area.

Comment

I guess its better than dropping them off at a kill shelter. At least in the wild they can eat or get rescued by someone that cares about dogs.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Yes better, but not by much.

Comment

Rescue one and you'll be seen as a dumping home, expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
              Yes better, but not by much.
              I hear ya, but I know of plenty of people that their dogs run away. They find a hole in the fence and then take off like theres no tomorrow. Either way, people do suck at times.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                Rescue one and you'll be seen as a dumping home, expect more.
                I'm afraid of this. I'm hoping that it's just the holidays stressing people out and it will stop happening. I might have to move because of this cause it's hard not to want to keep them sometimes being a dog lover.

Comment

see if theyre chipped. if it is, find the owners address, shoot the dog, and dump it on their porch (after a few days of fermenting of course)

TOTALLY kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                    I hear ya, but I know of plenty of people that their dogs run away. They find a hole in the fence and then take off like theres no tomorrow. Either way, people do suck at times.
                    That's why I have GPS trackers on my damn dogs...

Our little terrier mutt loves to get out.
                    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

That black and white one looks cool as hell. Looks like a dachshund/blue healer mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I guess its better than dropping them off at a kill shelter. At least in the wild they can eat or get rescued by someone that cares about dogs.
                        Or they'll wind up getting run over, getting shot for scavenging through garbage, or eaten by coyotes.

I'm afraid of this. I'm hoping that it's just the holidays stressing people out and it will stop happening. I might have to move because of this cause it's hard not to want to keep them sometimes being a dog lover.
                        Get used to it living in the country. Whether you take them in or not, it's going to keep happening. It's just the dues you pay for living in a more peaceful setting. You may want to see if you can make friends with a local rescue group that can take them in and find fosters for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          Or they'll wind up getting run over, getting shot for scavenging through garbage, or eaten by coyotes.

Get used to it living in the country. Whether you take them in or not, it's going to keep happening. It's just the dues you pay for living in a more peaceful setting. You may want to see if you can make friends with a local rescue group that can take them in and find fosters for them.

Yeah I may have to look into that, thanks for the idea.

Comment

Yeah I may have to look into that, thanks for the idea.
                            I don't live in the country, like way in the sticks - but pretty close to it. Learned quick not to get attached to any dogs and to chase them off. Still populated enough that I cannot shoot them, but "out there" enough that they are seen enough. (Imagine local farmers, coyotes and so forth deal with them)

Don't feed them or anything. I chase them off. If they seemed aggressive and/or stayed around - that would be different. Most just scurry away pretty fast since they are scared.

Then just a ton of people around here have collars/tags on their dogs - they just let them roam as they want.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
                            X